• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wanted to share a little of my excitement

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
For a little over a year now I've been planning to get another bird. A very particular species of parrot (I dont want to share what just yet). Thanks to one of our AA members I was actually able to find and contact a breeder. Some things happened and I couldn't get one last year, but the breeder has chicks in the nest now! I can't say yet whether I am definitely getting a chick from this clutch, but they have two breeding pairs so high chance of me getting my baby sometime soon.
For those curious as to why I am going with a breeder, I have never once seen one of these bird come up in a rescue and only once did I see someone rehoming (a breeding pair).
Anyway, the last little while Ive been emotionally all over the place (due to losing my budgie and a fair few of my chickens in a very short time), so just wanted to share a little something that I am excited about.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How exciting, I hope it works out! I can’t wait to see what kind of bird you are thinking of!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Lol I so hope it is a Gang Gang. I love them so much but never hear of them being rehomed but I do know a few breeders and was tempted a few times.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Lol I so hope it is a Gang Gang. I love them so much but never hear of them being rehomed but I do know a few breeders and was tempted a few times.
No, not a Gang Gang. No more cockys for me for a fair while (at least till Quarter hits maturity, even then who knows). I did once out of curiosity look a little into Gang Gangs, aren't they quite challenging (more so than the average 'too)? They are absolutely gorgeous though!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very exciting! I look forward to meeting your new family member when they arrive home :loveshower:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That was my first thought as well honestly. Unless it's a Macaw of some type since I know they are more rare in Australia.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Oh that’s not fair to keep us in suspense like that ;)

sorry for your loss

hope everything does to plan for you and I am so excited to see what bird you get are we allowed a little clue please

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Best of luck to you and your new fid :)

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Oh that’s not fair to keep us in suspense like that ;)

sorry for your loss

hope everything does to plan for you and I am so excited to see what bird you get are we allowed a little clue please
I wont share any new clues, but if anyone wants to do some digging you can find a few things I've previously mentioned.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Ooooo exciting!! I can’t wait to hear more!!

Edit - Wait. I think I have a guess!!:dance5:

Last edited:

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Very exciting. I congratulate you in advance.
:heart:
I promise I'll congratulate you more when I find out which bird you're getting. :laugh: :)