• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Want to make play area on top of 3 X 3 cube storage unit

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
I'd love to make one good looking, integrated playground on the top of one 3 X 3 cube integrated cube unit. Maybe a long unit made of PVC pipe.

Any suggestions? How would you do it, and what would you include. I'd love to hear your ideas!

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Thought I would mention that the top of the 3 X 3 unit is approximately 44" wide and 15 inches deep, a pretty generous size play space. :)

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
PVC covered in vet tape is super easy to work with (I use it to make things at work, haven't used it for the budgies) and fun-- but I personally like a more natural look, so I'd recommend these stands by Blooms and Branches. I requested a bunch of loose branches with mine, and was able to create a larger, twist-ier tree with them! I tie forage baskets and shreddables all over, and it is actually very attractive as a bit of decor. Not sure about Senegals, but I know my boys love climbing and chewing and rubbing their heads on the branches (the upside of using wood). Depends how much DIY you enjoy!

@JLcribber makes BEAUTIFUL hardwood perches and playstands, too, you could get a little log bridge to span from side to side!

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Those are some good ideas I need to consider. Thanks.

I was thinking of making a pvc unit that I could then attach hanging toys, even a swing. Maybe I could do two sections.
I need to look at more photos!