• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Want to know what a Greater Vasa sounds like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
That was great to hear! Thanks for sharing, I had no idea of how they sounded.
Some of the sounds sounded like my Pionus, (the cute sounds) some sounds like a seagull, (not so cute! :p ) and some like a dolphin.
I have never heard a parrot making this kind of sounds. Vasa's really are special parrots.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Hawkheads are said to sound like seagulls..not really heard that one...Most I like but there are loud ones too.

Right now Rio is louder & more obnoxious then Penny but her volume when turned up will reach smoke alarms levels...LOL

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Eloy sometimes he clucks like a chicken or attempts to bark like a dog. The worst one is when something scares him or he can't see me, and he lets out this alarm that gets louder and louder until he realizes I'm not going to just show up.

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Hawkheads are said to sound like seagulls..not really heard that one...Most I like but there are loud ones too.

Right now Rio is louder & more obnoxious then Penny but her volume when turned up will reach smoke alarms levels...LOL
I have definitely heard the seagull noise from a 20 year old hawkhead at my local birdstore. They are in search of a boyfriend for her.:joyful:

Status
Not open for further replies.