• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Want to details conure daily food list

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Hello
Anybody help me. I want details conure evreday diet chart.can i feed daily conure vegitable,fruits, and wet grains?how many days can i provide vegitable and fruits and wet grains in a week??? Advanced Thanks!

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
you should provide vegetables, pellets, and grains everyday. everyday, you should provide a little bit of seeds too. i personally don't use fruit as an everyday meal but i give it to my birds occasionally as a treat because it's high in sugar. hope this helps!

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
you should provide vegetables, pellets, and grains everyday. everyday, you should provide a little bit of seeds too. i personally don't use fruit as an everyday meal but i give it to my birds occasionally as a treat because it's high in sugar. hope this helps!
Which type seed are best?can parrot seedmix good for conure?like high sunflower mixed seeds??

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Preferably no or very small amounts of sunflower as they are very fatty.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Monjur.... you never answered my question as to whether you have the ability to order foods. We can guide you better in food choices if we know what you have available. Pellets are the number one choice of food as they are formulated to be a complete diet. Seed should be a very minimal amount in the daily diet. When you say you feed vegetables and fruits you should give us a complete list of the EXACT vegetables and fruits. A photo would be nice to see how you present them to the birds.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My green cheek was fed about 60 to 75% pellets, 20 to 35% veggies/grains, and the last 5% fruit and seed.

Pellets: Zupreem Natural

Veggies/Grains: My Chop "Recipe"

Seeds: varied. I liked the Higgins Yucatan mix.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
We could all post recipes but there's no telling if your bird would like any of the ingredients. You need to read the Feathered Food Court and the Conure Court forums and make a list of everything recommended. You then need to try every suggested vegetable individual that's available and base your chop on the results.
Noone here can tell you what your bird will eat. It's down to you to find out by trial and error.

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
i wouldn't recommend sunflower seeds as they are high in fat. hemp seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, and sesame seeds are healthy seeds. small birds really enjoy millet but only use it for training.

Reactions: Ali