• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Want to adopt a male alexandrine parrot, I own a female Indian ring neck. I’m afraid they might breed. What should I potentially do

Nickcage

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nick
Want to adopt a male alexandrine parrot, I own a female Indian ring neck. I’m afraid they might breed. What should I potentially do ?

My female irn is free 24/7 I allow her to go anywhere and she doesn’t make that much of a mess, and when/if I adopt the male alexandrine I will probably do the same thing ( if they get along), I’m not to afraid of them fighting since my ring neck is very docile.
But I absolutely don’t want them to have children, anything I can do to Prevent this ?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Damn it sucks that I can’t get a male then, but I have to think about the risks of them having kids
Just because eggs are laid and may be fertile does not mean babies have to hatch from them…

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You can boil the eggs and then put them back just after they are laid so that they do not hatch, and the birds still will have the eggs.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Why not just get a female alexandrine?
I have a feeling there wasn’t a choice- they talk about adopting so I’m assuming the bird available was male.