• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wall-mounted fireplace heaters

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Hi everyone,
I searched the forum and couldn't find anything that quite addressed my question so hopefully I'm not repeating a thread.
With COVID stay-at-home precautions, we are thinking about getting a wall mounted electric fireplace heater from Target. Like this.
I know I should call the manufacturer regarding any possible teflon parts, but are there any other safety dangers for bird? I'm realizing as I type this that a real issue could be her flying into it and burning herself. Just wondering if there are any other safety concerns I may be missing!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Besides the hot surface and any PTFE/PFOA i can't think of anything off the top of my head

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I've had more time to think about it and considering how freaked out we were the one time she flew into the sliding glass door I'm not sure it's worth it for a cozy fire we'll probably only use this year.
Sweetie suggested we hang a photo of tahiti up instead and put the space heater under it. :loltears: