• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Waiting on mobile Vet to come here constipated cat!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Me too! I hate seeing him appear so miserable. Cats are clean animals so having a mess on you that stinks is miserable. I gave washed his legs, tail and private area. Atleast he is clean and smelling better!

I spoke to soon! A few little messes in the guest bathtub. Well, the good thing is it washes down the drain!

I'll update on my boy in the morning.
:( Many years ago I had a neighbor that had three cats. She went on vacation and asked me to come over and feed her cats and scoop out the litter boxes. Day 1... I gagged my A$$ off on the first scoop of poop. Man... that was tough to get through!!! I feel for you! I feel for your kitty too... bless his heart! And bum...

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:( Many years ago I had a neighbor that had three cats. She went on vacation and asked me to come over and feed her cats and scoop out the litter boxes. Day 1... I gagged my A$$ off on the first scoop of poop. Man... that was tough to get through!!! I feel for you! I feel for your kitty too... bless his heart! And bum...
Well, it's as good as it's going to until his tummy feels better. He will get a full bath tomorrow night. He's so tolerable, just an amazing temperament.

Not a single growl or hiss today during his ordeal.

Cat poo is worse then dog poo but they are both gross! The house is clean and no odor thankfull . Opened the windows this am, and tonight. Will be down to 50 tonight! Fall air with the last front, at a perfect time!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh yes, total gag factor today. I didn't eat anything until 2:30!

Had no appetite with that until it subsided!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh yes, total gag factor today. I didn't eat anything until 2:30!

Had no appetite with that until it subsided!
Especially when it's been brewing in the colon... oooooie! Are you sure he didn't eat something that might have caused his gastric upset? That's always the case with my dogs. Years ago I was too kind with my two dogs, the standard poodle and the yorkie and gave them a little cooked chicken. Big mistake. As I stood in the yard with the big guy and watched him spew the most liquid of all liquid diarrheas like a garden hose I swore he would never get another chicken treat as long as I lived. And there's nothing like having to clean diarrea from long yorkie hair.... it's called, grab the scissors and get a butt hair cut.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
And while I'm at it.... there's nothing like a dog log of pure seed when you forget you sat a cup down and go answer the phone for a second. I've had $40.00 poop too when my standard stole and ate 2 20.00's that were sitting on my desk. Something about that weird green poop tipped me off after a couple of days wondering where I put that money.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Especially when it's been brewing in the colon... oooooie! Are you sure he didn't eat something that might have caused his gastric upset? That's always the case with my dogs. Years ago I was too kind with my two dogs, the standard poodle and the yorkie and gave them a little cooked chicken. Big mistake. As I stood in the yard with the big guy and watched him spew the most liquid of all liquid diarrheas like a garden hose I swore he would never get another chicken treat as long as I lived. And there's nothing like having to clean diarrea from long yorkie hair.... it's called, grab the scissors and get a butt hair cut.
I don't believe it's anything he could have gotten into causing this. I can recall one old cat I had years ago who needed an enema. As they age sometimes like older People they need alittle help fiber wise.

He only ate a very little amount of canned this morning. Still not a full appetite back yet. I will give him until tonight to see. Might be something else making him feel bad. For now, he seems more comfortable then yesterday.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
And while I'm at it.... there's nothing like a dog log of pure seed when you forget you sat a cup down and go answer the phone for a second. I've had $40.00 poop too when my standard stole and ate 2 20.00's that were sitting on my desk. Something about that weird green poop tipped me off after a couple of days wondering where I put that money.
Oh my god! No seed eaters here. Maybe a found nutriberry chunk dropped. But I cannot see how money tasted good. Money smells!

Too bad your dog didn't learn how to poop more money! :D

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Update, took him into the shower with me so I washed him again. He was really good with it, that is his nature :)

As for eating, he came into the kitchen and he ate some dry food mixed with water. I hope by tonight he's back more to his usual self :heart:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh my god! No seed eaters here. Maybe a found nutriberry chunk dropped. But I cannot see how money tasted good. Money smells!

Too bad your dog didn't learn how to poop more money! :D
That seed incident was so long ago with my other yorkie Briggs... but it was a solid poop log of seed! Jesse the standard would eat anything he could find. Never chewed those items... just ate them whole. A mans black sock once.... how it made it through his colon is a wonder. I am always with my dogs when they're outside. When I saw him straining with something black hanging from his butt and he was trying to sit down, I'm trying to hold him up and keep him from getting nasty because he had just had a bath ( his full coat took hours to groom, wash, and dry then clip). I was screaming for my husband to bring me a paper towel... he brings me 1... I hollar for more. I tell him to grab the black item ( thinking it was impacted poo) and he pulls it out .... looked like a snake... we were both so grossed out! Luckily it didn't harm Jesse! He has also eaten a couple of pair of mens underwear.... whole, no holes.... HOW DO YOU DO THAT!???? I didn't know, then one day he got sick and started to heave so I rushed him outside. Poor guy laid on the ground heaving and I'm trying to comfort him... it took a few minutes and he barfed the undies. That's what made him so sick brewing in his stomach. From then on the garbage in the bathroom was up on the toilet, the bedroom door stayed closed and laundry was in a closed container. He would look for that stuff! The money.... one 20 was in three neat torn pieces. The other 20 was completely whole.... with no holes. Know what I did when I discovered that? Used sticks to take the poop apart, rinsed the money off with a garden hose, let it dry outside and put it in a couple of baggies. Took it to the bank and asked the teller to exchange the damaged bills for new bills. She was like..."Omygoodness... it's a different color ( yes, gastric juices will do that)... what happened to it?" I told it was "recycled". When she started to open the bags I stopped her and told her the dog ate it and processed it. :D So, yes... he made change for a couple of days!!!! Jesse lived 12 years to torment me, he was dying from cancer that spread from a front leg to his lungs, we rushed him to the vet when he went into a seizure and had him put to sleep. It's a terribly devastating thing to lose our best buddies.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh my gosh......

My German Shepherd only ate one thing that was weird. The blue bunny squeaky toy was missing an ear one day.

When I was walking him later the ear appeared...... quite startled me.

A friend owned a poodle that ate raw sourdough bread that was rising. After that incident, she never put the raw bread dough on the floor by the heat vent to raise again.

Not sure her poodle would have tried that again anyway though.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Love My Zons
Just wondering if your fur baby's feeling better tonight? It's amazing what 12 hours can do for kitties.

How are you holding up? That's a ton of xtra work you've endured the past 2 days.

:hug6:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
That seed incident was so long ago with my other yorkie Briggs... but it was a solid poop log of seed! Jesse the standard would eat anything he could find. Never chewed those items... just ate them whole. A mans black sock once.... how it made it through his colon is a wonder. I am always with my dogs when they're outside. When I saw him straining with something black hanging from his butt and he was trying to sit down, I'm trying to hold him up and keep him from getting nasty because he had just had a bath ( his full coat took hours to groom, wash, and dry then clip). I was screaming for my husband to bring me a paper towel... he brings me 1... I hollar for more. I tell him to grab the black item ( thinking it was impacted poo) and he pulls it out .... looked like a snake... we were both so grossed out! Luckily it didn't harm Jesse! He has also eaten a couple of pair of mens underwear.... whole, no holes.... HOW DO YOU DO THAT!???? I didn't know, then one day he got sick and started to heave so I rushed him outside. Poor guy laid on the ground heaving and I'm trying to comfort him... it took a few minutes and he barfed the undies. That's what made him so sick brewing in his stomach. From then on the garbage in the bathroom was up on the toilet, the bedroom door stayed closed and laundry was in a closed container. He would look for that stuff! The money.... one 20 was in three neat torn pieces. The other 20 was completely whole.... with no holes. Know what I did when I discovered that? Used sticks to take the poop apart, rinsed the money off with a garden hose, let it dry outside and put it in a couple of baggies. Took it to the bank and asked the teller to exchange the damaged bills for new bills. She was like..."Omygoodness... it's a different color ( yes, gastric juices will do that)... what happened to it?" I told it was "recycled". When she started to open the bags I stopped her and told her the dog ate it and processed it. :D So, yes... he made change for a couple of days!!!! Jesse lived 12 years to torment me, he was dying from cancer that spread from a front leg to his lungs, we rushed him to the vet when he went into a seizure and had him put to sleep. It's a terribly devastating thing to lose our best buddies.
Oh my what a crazy story! You made me laugh at the 'seed log' I can only imagine sort of like a Payday candy bar. And the sock, holy moly usually those thing wrap around their bowels and surgery is a huge expense! You certainly have topped anything here with dogs eating stuff here! And to get new money, rinse and dry LOL!!! :laughing6:

Oh my gosh......

My German Shepherd only ate one thing that was weird. The blue bunny squeaky toy was missing an ear one day.

When I was walking him later the ear appeared...... quite startled me.

A friend owned a poodle that ate raw sourdough bread that was rising. After that incident, she never put the raw bread dough on the floor by the heat vent to raise again.

Not sure her poodle would have tried that again anyway though.
That can be dangerous due to the yeast expanding the dough. I am glad that your Friend's dog was okay. It never ceases to amaze me the things they swallow that have no flavor or taste! Just why oh why? :shrug:

@Love My Zons
Just wondering if your fur baby's feeling better tonight? It's amazing what 12 hours can do for kitties.

How are you holding up? That's a ton of xtra work you've endured the past 2 days.

:hug6:
Well he ate more this morning and more tonight. Not a whole lot, but he has an interest to eat. I cleaned him up this morning in the shower, did he stink :imok:Cats are so clean that I think this hurt him pride and emotionally too! :oops: But it had to be done. :headsmack: And I think after a few more days, when his Dad gets home Sunday he will be his normal self. :swoon: I am tired, just really tired and I have 3 more days of work until I can be off 2 days to rest. Who am I kidding, there is never down time for me unless I hit the hay! :innocent: But I thank you so much for asking about me. :hug4:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I'm glad your baby is doing better! :hug8:

When I was a wee baby we had a English Springer Spaniel that ate baby socks. Little girl lived to be like 13!

And Roxie likes to try to eat socks, paper towels, and money. If it's something she knows she's not supposed to have, she'll lock her jaw and make it next to impossible to get anything out!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Claire,
I know what you mean about them wanting to be clean & yes, it may hurt their pride but he'll thank you for it when he's feeling better, I bet. There's a lap full of kitty that I miss having a bird now. Enjoy it when it comes, those are special moments that are earned for sure!

Try to not work too hard. It's the begining of cold & flu season... School started. :depressed:

Gotta keep your immune system up to full!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm glad your baby is doing better! :hug8:

When I was a wee baby we had a English Springer Spaniel that ate baby socks. Little girl lived to be like 13!

And Roxie likes to try to eat socks, paper towels, and money. If it's something she knows she's not supposed to have, she'll lock her jaw and make it next to impossible to get anything out!
He is doing so much better. He had a decent BM that was still super super soft, but thankful for clumping litter!
Claire,
I know what you mean about them wanting to be clean & yes, it may hurt their pride but he'll thank you for it when he's feeling better, I bet. There's a lap full of kitty that I miss having a bird now. Enjoy it when it comes, those are special moments that are earned for sure!

Try to not work too hard. It's the begining of cold & flu season... School started. :depressed:

Gotta keep your immune system up to full!
I know, I truly love these cats. He showed up to our house, he chose our door!

I am going to sleep soon. Got a long day tomorrow. And yes, I am pretty resilient to germs, but sometimes they get ya!

Here he is, waiting for me to get in bed. I know his pride was hurt. But he's all clean now. What a good boy in the shower lol.
20190919_221732.jpg DSCF0031.jpg
Bottom pic 15 years ago the night he came in the door, laid down and let Shadow lick his ears lol. He never left. ♡

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You're fur babies are beautiful! Ty for sharing them!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
You're fur babies are beautiful! Ty for sharing them!
Thank you! The sheltie in the picture was another heart dog. He left us in Dec 2012.

My kitty is almost back to himself this morning, makes me very happy! :D

Last edited: