• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Vomiting?

Genuine Lee

Moving in
Real Name
Genuine Lee
My bird has been bobbing and stretching her neck like she was about to regurgitate which is what I initially thought but then she violently shook her head and spewed food everywhere. Now im im concerned its vomiting. She also seems really tired right now but it may be becausw its five pm and shes tired. What can I do to help her as if for now, i am gonna make an appointment tomorrow morning and want to know what can help her at least until tomorrow. I am also going to monitor her go see if she is continuously lethargic and vomiting. Right now she only did it once. Thank you for helping me

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Keep her warmer than normal. put her in a small cage (travel cage is fine). make sure she drinks and watch to see if she eats.

Write down all questions you have for the vet so you won't forget.

Let us know about the vet visit tomorrow

Genuine Lee

Moving in
Real Name
Genuine Lee
hi! Opal seems to be able to eat and haven't seen her vomit again. Her droppings seem to be normal and not liquid like! Will update more about her tomorrow :) would it be best to be on safer side and see a vet or should I monitor her more if she feels better tomorrow?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
JMHO go see the vet please

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that Opal was ill but great that she is better. Did they give you any medication or recommendations?