• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Vomiting

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
I called the closest 24 hour avian vet and they said to monitor her overnight and bring her to the doctor in the morning. The 24hr clinic is over an hour away which is a stressful trip. Her regular doctor is down the street. We are staying up with her, but it's driving me crazy. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated during our vigil.

Sunflower threw up a lot after dinner. After vomiting she was weak and breathing heavy. She has been resting, snuggling, and drinking ever since. She seems a little stronger and her breathing is lighter when she falls asleep. She beak clicked when I came home (my husband has been with her the whole time). She had new treats today and we are thinking they didn't agree with her.

Sunflower is a green cheek conure. She is a year and a half old and we have had her since she was 3 months.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Bailey was throwing up once, it only lasted about 10 minutes but was really scary. After about 20 minutes he was back to normal. He wasn't breathing heavy though. She may act like nothing happened by the morning. Just make sure she's warm and comfy and keep checking on her. Sorry this is happening I know how awful it is when they're sick. :cry3:

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
She has this routine where she snuggles for about an hour before bed. That's what she's been doing.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope she’s okay! What were the treats?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
My word, what did your bird eat?

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
They were a new brand of dried apples. She may have just eaten too many. They were rewards for training. She has recovered from her upset stomach. That's all it was, thank goodness.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that Sunflower was sick but good that she is doing OK now.