• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Vomiting Parakeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizziebird

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Liz
My Parakeet suffers from chronic vomiting. He's 6 and a half years old and has at least two fatty tumors and fatty liver disease, but he's still kicking. :)
His vomiting has increased in the past few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has any remedies or anything to help with it?
I believe the problem is in his crop, not his stomach, because he vomits whole seeds.
I have some reglan from the vet, but it is very stressful for my little guy to have medicine given to him...and if there is a natural remedy I would love to avoid the drugs.
Thank you!

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh I'm soo sorry your little one is suffering so... I have no advice but will contact a moderator for you as I think this needs to be moved to 911 or Healthy Highway so you get more attention.. :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Are you sure he's vomiting and not regurgitating? Vomiting is a side to side movement, regurgitation is a head bobbing movement. Do you have a scale are you weighing him so you can keep track of what he's keeping down. Also you need to evaluate if he's really sick and suffering and what that means for his quality of life.

Ginger

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
Have you tried a mashed pellet, not powder per se, but tiny like a seed would be. The mashed pellet would be easier for him to digest rather than the harsh seed. It would also be better for his fatty liver disease. :hug8: to you and him..........................

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I think he is probably regurgitating...our budgie regurgitates whole seeds..and has since we got him..it increases during hormonal season...

Status
Not open for further replies.