• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS

edenkwfl

Meeting neighbors
Hi all! We have two two-year old male sun conures and while I try to feed them fruits and veg they are VERY slow at taking to them. After two years they finally decided they like apples and, surprisingly, kale. I feed them Zupreem Natural with Vitamins and Minerals and give them a variety of freeze-dried fruit (strawberry, banana, mango) as well as Nutri-Berries and as a special treat unsalted peanuts or walnuts. Their vet checks come back perfect (last one was March) and they seem very happy and healthy but I worry they aren't taking to fresh fruits and veggies and wonder if I should give them a vitamin supplement drop in their water...

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The Zupreem is essentially already a multivitamin. I would not offer an additional supplement if pellets make up the bulk of their diet, or you risk over dosing on some vitamins, which can have adverse health effects

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi all! We have two two-year old male sun conures and while I try to feed them fruits and veg they are VERY slow at taking to them. After two years they finally decided they like apples and, surprisingly, kale. I feed them Zupreem Natural with Vitamins and Minerals and give them a variety of freeze-dried fruit (strawberry, banana, mango) as well as Nutri-Berries and as a special treat unsalted peanuts or walnuts. Their vet checks come back perfect (last one was March) and they seem very happy and healthy but I worry they aren't taking to fresh fruits and veggies and wonder if I should give them a vitamin supplement drop in their water...
Have a look at the following thread about feeding fresh food in a different way it might be worth giving it a try.