• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

vitamin drops

longyearwinds

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
essi
i'm curious what everyones favorite vitamin drops are? i want to have a high quality vitamin drop (available in the states) that i could recommend to customers that wouldn't break the bank. my big birds are all on pellets + veggies, and my small birds are on bank-breaker vitamin drops imported from australia (robb marshalls ioford and dufoplus) + veggies. we have a lot of customers with their small birds (or even large birds) on a fairly simple seed diets (or even downright bad diets). while i can inform them until i go blue in the face, i think pointing them to a simple vitamin drop supplement would make it a lot easier for them to wrap their heads around, since it's a very simple change.

i'm only really familiar with the oasis vita-drops available at petco. i know versele laga has muta-vit and canto-vit, but those are high in vitamin e for the breeding season rather than a general mutlivitamin. am i overthinking this? :lol:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I like these ones for seed eaters as they have a satisfactory level of Vitamin D3.

Hagen® Prime
Lafeber Avi-Era Bird Vitamins
Quicko Multivitamin

I personally like the Hagen Prime one.

AceOfPeach

Moving in
I am curious about this as well. My bird is an extremely picky eater and after exhausting much creativity and funds, I have not found one thing which she will eat other than the millet, which, I'm guessing is what she was raised on. I'm still trying to find ways to get her to try new things, but I'd like to have this handy.

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
When I was a new bird owner 11 years ago, I used Hagens Prime. I discovered pellets about 2 years later or so and then stopped using Hagens. My budgies always looked colorful and happy. Both died just last year, one was almost 10 1/2 and the other made it a little past 11 years old.

longyearwinds

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
essi
I like these ones for seed eaters as they have a satisfactory level of Vitamin D3.

Hagen® Prime
Lafeber Avi-Era Bird Vitamins
Quicko Multivitamin

I personally like the Hagen Prime one.
When I was a new bird owner 11 years ago, I used Hagens Prime. I discovered pellets about 2 years later or so and then stopped using Hagens. My budgies always looked colorful and happy. Both died just last year, one was almost 10 1/2 and the other made it a little past 11 years old.

thank you ! i will be suggesting this to those who ask in the future as a good option.