• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Visit to avian parrot store- Harlequin Macaw

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hello all,
Paid a visit to avian store to check and see if
That African grey congo was still being boarded, as he spent nearly 10 months boarded. They picked him up last week, finally.
But while there I noticed a new baby (6 months old) Harlequin Macaw. I swear it looks more shamrock. Anyway what a sweet baby this guy is. DNA tested, and all. Let me pet his foot, and beak. Being first time we met.
I tell you what, I'm not in market for a macaw but this guy could easily persude me otherwise.
I know everyone, pictures!! I left dang phone at home on table!! Agh!!! But will pay another visit in a couple days!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'll bet there's a birdie devil on your shoulder saying "Bring me home.... bring me home..... "

Is there an update on the macaw that was bitten by the family weimeriner?

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I'm glad that the owners arrived to pick up their bird. You never know what the situation was. There was a video on you tube about a guy who adopted his heart dog and then his landlord wouldn't allow the dog because it was a pit bull. The owner had to return the dog to the shelter for about 6 months until he saved enough money to rent a house with a yard for the dog. This bird and his owners may have been in a similar circumstance. About the macaw, you do know that babies hone in on someone who they think will take good care of them, right? When a bird that is not mine wants to go home with me, I just remember how much I dislike cleaning cages and how mad Bella would be (she yells at me if I even look at another bird) so I walk away.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I'll bet there's a birdie devil on your shoulder saying "Bring me home.... bring me home..... "

Is there an update on the macaw that was bitten by the family weimeriner?
Oh I'll tell you what, it's very very tempting!
It's one sweet bird! Many times you find them stubborn and shy. Not this one! I still think it's a shamrock harliquin. Has the markings for it.
As for the Ma caw that was bitten....I haven't heard much lately, last I heard was doing good, and regaining movement in foot. And was stretching wing... Physical therapy will be needed. So I hope they are doing that. I'll ask my wife if she heard any more on it.
As for the wiemeriner, it was originally the owners of the macaw's brother down the road. He has two apparently and has taken dog back. They were all raised together. So all good now.

Last edited:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I'm glad that the owners arrived to pick up their bird. You never know what the situation was. There was a video on you tube about a guy who adopted his heart dog and then his landlord wouldn't allow the dog because it was a pit bull. The owner had to return the dog to the shelter for about 6 months until he saved enough money to rent a house with a yard for the dog. This bird and his owners may have been in a similar circumstance. About the macaw, you do know that babies hone in on someone who they think will take good care of them, right? When a bird that is not mine wants to go home with me, I just remember how much I dislike cleaning cages and how mad Bella would be (she yells at me if I even look at another bird) so I walk away.
You know what your right! Somehow they know and hone in on you. Seen a very mean ( so they say) at avian store, a female ekkie. No one would touch it, not even staff. Asked if they minded if I tried. Stepped right up and was a sweety. The looks I got from staff.
I wouldn't worry about my birds yelling at me bringing another bird home....it's my wife that would yell at me! LOl.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
You know what your right! Somehow they know and hone in on you. Seen a very mean ( so they say) at avian store, a female ekkie. No one would touch it, not even staff. Asked if they minded if I tried. Stepped right up and was a sweety. The looks I got from staff.
I wouldn't worry about my birds yelling at me bringing another bird home....it's my wife that would yell at me! LOl.
:lol:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh I'll tell you what, it's very very tempting!
It's one sweet bird! Many times you find them stubborn and shy. Not this one! I still think it's a shamrock harliquin. Has the markings for it.
As for the Ma caw that was bitten....I haven't heard much lately, last I heard was doing good, and regaining movement in foot. And was stretching wing... Physical therapy will be needed. So I hope they are doing that. I'll ask my wife if she heard any more on it.
As for the wiemeriner, it was originally the owners of the macaw's brother down the road. He has two apparently and has taken dog back. They were all raised together. So all good now.

Update on that Macaw, it has began stretching wings, and has been walking on that leg now! Damn that's good news! Still tends to hold it up now and then, but still that's just great after such an attack.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
So, when did you say you are you picking up that sweet harlequin???? Lol

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
So, when did you say you are you picking up that sweet harlequin???? Lol
I have seriously considered it however there's a couple that has one at moment and have their eye on this one as a second buddy. It has taken to them quite well.
So I'm stepping back a bit and let the bird choose. My concern is that it gets a decent and loving home!