• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vinyl siding I side bird tpo

Smauricio

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sandra Mauricio
Hi, I’m new and we are building a bird room. I have 3 Macaws, 1 Greys and 2 Quakers . We are considering putting vinyl siding up on the walls so it can be washed out. Oh I forgot to mention we are turning half the garage into the bird room so it will have the garage door and behind it will be glass patio doors so we can open the garage door for sunlight and be able to wheel cages out to wash them. The room will be heated and cooled by a window unit. Would like to get some feedback on our ideas. Thank you.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm curious if the other half of the garage will still be used for cars?
If so, the exhaust could be deadly for your birds.
Other than that, I'm sure your birds will love having the space.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I used the vinyl flooring in my aviary (had it 15+ years now) and that's what I do to clean it is power wash the inside.

I wonder if you keep your macaws and African Greys in the same space. If so that could be deadly for your macaws. I have a bird right now with Pulmonary Hypertensive Syndrome from being housed with cockatoos (dusty birds like AGs).

Smauricio

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sandra Mauricio
We do not use the other part of the garage for cars. So no worry bout exhaust fumes. No my AG stays inside with us and my Macaws and Quakers stay in the bird room.