• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vet visit...

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
She’s shakes her head here and there, is that because of the medication? Because she’s never done that before
If she is doing it right after medication, yes. If all day, hard to tell. Would be a good question to phone the vet with :)

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
If it helps, I usually have watered down juice or a treat they like for after medication...help to get rid of the taste.

Ismail

Strolling the yard
If she is doing it right after medication, yes. If all day, hard to tell. Would be a good question to phone the vet with :)
She did it a couple hours after the medication...I will call the vet tomorrow

Ismail

Strolling the yard
So I did call the vet and they said they can give us a probiotic in case of an occurring yeast infection, The vet didn’t talk to me, it was just the receptionist. They said the vet can contact me later

Ismail

Strolling the yard
So I did call the vet and they said they can give us a probiotic in case of an occurring yeast infection, The vet didn’t talk to me, it was just the receptionist. They said the vet can contact me later
The vet said it’s unlikely that she’ll develop yeast infections, but if I suspect something then I can contact her. I’m going to give my budgie her dose of baytril today and I forgot how the vet told me to do it! Could you guys please tell me how to do it?