• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vet appt Tuesday. So stress out :(

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I was originally only gonna take Uchtred, Lennerd and Papaya in for their yearly and having Uchtred's plucking checked.

Well last night Jellybean was all stuffy and had one wet nare :( its always the same side. He just got done his medicine on the 8th from the last time I took him in (25th of Jan). Called his vet to see if there is anything else we can do. This has been a ongoing thing since June and taking him to the vet so much has drain me emotionally and financially. He suggested a culture which I thought we already did as he has been swab twice (2 different times we went to the vet, weve gone to the vet almost once a month since June). Apparently that was for asper and chlamydia which came back negative. He is eating, drinking, being vocal and silly as always but I'm still concerned :( The emergency vet we seen back in November/ (December?) said it could just be allergies. It's just a big stressful pain in the butt.

AND they have been sneezing (mostly bedtime and when they first wake up) so now I'm freaking out more but I don't know if my anxiety is just making everything seem worse then what it is.

I'm just so stress out and depressed. I'm so scared for Jellybean. I worry about all them.

Last edited:

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I mix up a bottle of aloe and water and have been misting Uchtreds leg. Not sure if it's making a difference or not and I've been giving them all alittle more RPO before bed. Bean especially because of his Vitimin A problems. His vet did say his mouth looked better and his calicum was up to 8.8 from 7. He wants it at 9 but we have made progress!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Good job on the progress with Bean's calcium. Hopefully you will be worrying but then realize it's not as bad as you think and get great reports on your vet visit!
Wow, once a month since June to the vet... I can only imagine your wallet would be thinning. Good vibes sent from here and
big hugs! :hug8:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope the culture gives you answers too. That’s wonderful that his calcium is up though! I will send healing thoughts Jellybeans way. I would say try not to worry, but I know when it comes to our bird’s that’s almost impossible.
:hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope all will be OK. Try not to stress out. I know that it's easy to say but sometimes hard to do.

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
If Jellybean is eating, active, maintaining weight and all the cultures are negative it might be allergies. Would you be able to talk with your vet about a birdy benedryl prescription? That would clear up allergies quickly and if it didn't stop the runny nose you'd know for sure at least one thing it's not.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
If Jellybean is eating, active, maintaining weight and all the cultures are negative it might be allergies. Would you be able to talk with your vet about a birdy benedryl prescription? That would clear up allergies quickly and if it didn't stop the runny nose you'd know for sure at least one thing it's not.
Yes talk to him about something similar because Uchtred has allergies in the summer. She doesn't get a runny nose but she gets itchy with a hoarse voice and breaks out in hives around her eyes.

I really hope it's just allergies. Every time we've gone in his nares have been clear and his lungs always sound good.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bighug:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hugs and ask if boric acid drops could help. Kari had sinus issues for a few years and the drops helped.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How did the vet appointment go?

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
How did the vet appointment go?
It's this coming Tuesday so fingers crossed! Jellybean wasn't snotty today (knock on wood) but I'll still be taking him as the symptoms come and go. Uchtred has been picking less pin feathers since I started using the aloe spray but I'm still going to get her looked at too.

I'm taking them to Chadwell Animal Hospital in Abingdon, MD. I don't know if you've heard of them or not but they are supposed to be one of the better exotic vets in Maryland that sees birds.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Hugs and ask if boric acid drops could help. Kari had sinus issues for a few years and the drops helped.
I'll ask about this too. Are they nasal drops? It's so much easier giving him nasal drops than actual medicine. It's like fighting a velociraptor.