• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Very unexpected..

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I did not expect to spend 500$ on a feral pigeon's vet bill... but meet Yogurt. He's VERY sweet. He has a broken wing as he was bumped by a car. Vet says he must be cage bound for 4-6 weeks and there's a tiny chance that he might fly again since the bone that is broken isn't very displaced. He is free of disease and bugs such as mites. But is still being very quarantined. Screenshot_20220624-202815_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220624-202847_Gallery.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww he's absolutely precious,bless you for helping him,I hope he is able to recover with no ill effects. :heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Well, welcome Yogurt! :greet15: It's unfortunate he was bumped by a car, but he was very fortunate to be saved by you. feeldaluvsmiley.gif I hope he makes a complete recovery!

How did he come by the name Yogurt?

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Well, welcome Yogurt! :greet15: It's unfortunate he was bumped by a car, but he was very fortunate to be saved by you. View attachment 409313 I hope he makes a complete recovery!

How did he come by the name Yogurt?
Honestly it's just one of the names in my notes list of future animal/pet names and I thought it really fit him! :roflmao:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Honestly it's just one of the names in my notes list of future animal/pet names and I thought it really fit him! :roflmao:
Wasn't sure if it had come up somehow in your brief acquaintance thus far. :D That would have made an interesting twist to his story.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I wouldn't have thought he'd look so at home. But he really does. How long have you had him?

His name makes me think of Spaceballs.
"Yogurt the All-Powerful, Yogurt the Magnificent!" :embarassed:

Jogging around the block
Ah! I get overwhelmed by the cuteness of pigeons every time I see pictures :heart:
So glad he found you, feral pigeons are the most intelligent and sweet 'pests' I know of. I used to have a rescued feral too, a little pigeon decided to fledge, on a busy road filled with cats (great spot am I right) so we took her after she almost got run over. She eventually left us with a soft release, she's flying around free with the other feral pigeons in my area, she still comes back to visit sometimes. She's the same colour as Yogurt too, excluding the white flights.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Bless you.....

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran