• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Venus the dove

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I was at a small private owned petstore a couple weeks ago in search of a specific collar for my puppy, while there I had a look at the birds. I love this store in particular when it comes to birds because they are so well cared for. I have seen so many different birds there, usually a large selection of finches, budgies, cockatiels, occasionally parrotlets, ringnecks, dusky parrots, small conures, I saw an African grey last time (along with their resident grey) I saw a bee bee parrot once, they've had bourkes, this time I saw a dove. I had never seen a dove any other pet store EVER. I bought him, brought him home, I have one room right off my bedroom that has been empty since Memorial day weekend, so I set up the flight cage, put perches on the outside of it, put up some shelves around the room, and introduced my new bird to his room. I named him Venus. I would love to get him a friend since doves are social, but that may take a while. I haven't seen another since. That pet store does have a website that is kept updated with the animals they have available so I've been watching that in hopes of getting another dove. Venus is a ringneck dove, coos early in the morning, wasn't expecting him to be as loud as he is. His favorite spot is the curtain rod. Also, I'd like to add that i haven't had any birds since my zebra finches passed asay back in March, so I'm very pleased to say I'm diving back in with a bird I've never had before. 20220702_193152.jpg 20220614_121638.jpg

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
I was at a small private owned petstore a couple weeks ago in search of a specific collar for my puppy, while there I had a look at the birds. I love this store in particular when it comes to birds because they are so well cared for. I have seen so many different birds there, usually a large selection of finches, budgies, cockatiels, occasionally parrotlets, ringnecks, dusky parrots, small conures, I saw an African grey last time (along with their resident grey) I saw a bee bee parrot once, they've had bourkes, this time I saw a dove. I had never seen a dove any other pet store EVER. I bought him, brought him home, I have one room right off my bedroom that has been empty since Memorial day weekend, so I set up the flight cage, put perches on the outside of it, put up some shelves around the room, and introduced my new bird to his room. I named him Venus. I would love to get him a friend since doves are social, but that may take a while. I haven't seen another since. That pet store does have a website that is kept updated with the animals they have available so I've been watching that in hopes of getting another dove. Venus is a ringneck dove, coos early in the morning, wasn't expecting him to be as loud as he is. His favorite spot is the curtain rod. Also, I'd like to add that i haven't had any birds since my zebra finches passed asay back in March, so I'm very pleased to say I'm diving back in with a bird I've never had before. View attachment 409874 View attachment 409875
What a cutie! More pics, pretty please!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Awwww super cute! I really love doves, they´re so sweet and loving :swoon: Can´t wait to read move about Venus and how things go, and lots of pictures! prettyplease.gif