• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vent Question

SkySky

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Skylar
Hello! I have a 1 year old blue Quaker named Coco who has had a bit of a dirty butt today. She had slightly watery poops after eating her chop so it's not too unusual. It usually goes through her and shoots like a water gun you guys understand.
Anyway I was playing with her when I noticed she had a little bit of a wet spot on her vent. It looks like maybe her watery poop kind of got on her feathers? This is new and hasn't really happened before so I wanted to see if it was something I should be concerned about.

She does not have diarrhea, all of her food is digested, it's just extra wet from the fresh veggies and fruit.
She is acting completely normal. Playing with her toys, eating, preening, bothering the conure, and trying to bite my boyfriend. She's still chattering like normal and screams when I leave the room. The only thing off was a slight spot near her vent.

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated!

20200525_002809.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If she is doing extra watery poop then you can sometimes get a feather or two that is left with some wet stuff on them. It happens on the odd occasion with my bird when he has had extra wet foods but it is not bad (like maybe a half a drop) and it is not all the time.
Keep a check that the feathers do not end up with any build up of poop but if it is properly formed poop that just has extra water passing with it then it should not cake up the feathers.