• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendors that are still shipping

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh, why thank you for that, Andrea! No, haven't had anyone this year who was from that area you mentioned. I did get an email from a guy on March 7th who has a Hy asking about a couple of the larger toys and he was referred to my site from another guy but he never ordered.
I mentioned other vendors as well and told him to visit AA to view all of our vendors. Would be nice to have him as a member too! Doubtful but always nice to give an invite.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Yes, Marshall is his name, that was who contacted me and he told me he was told about my site from Andrew E.. I had given Marshall the list of my S/S Toys that would be suitable for a Hy ... well, hopefully suitable considering there is nothing in the world that the Hy beak can't destroy if they want to!! I certainly appreciate your referring them to me too! :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yes, Marshall is his name, that was who contacted me and he told me he was told about my site from Andrew E.. I had given Marshall the list of my S/S Toys that would be suitable for a Hy ... well, hopefully suitable considering there is nothing in the world that the Hy beak can't destroy if they want to!! I certainly appreciate your referring them to me too! :)
He spelled my name wrong... :laughin: Not the first time I've been called Andrew. E is the first letter of my last name.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I don't think his Hy is a year old yet... maybe he can teach him how to be gentle with toys....:lol: He has a blue throat macaw too.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
He spelled my name wrong... :laughin: Not the first time I've been called Andrew. E is the first letter of my last name.
I actually wondered that when I was reading this :lol:

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
He did spell out the last name beginning with the letter E., but yah first name he had as Andrew! So that was you then! Sure didn't know that!!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:D He contacted me too. I do not recall that he has ordered but I answered his many questions.
Well, I did slip and tell him you had hys and other macaws ( and your link) ..... so your big toys are geared for strong beaks. I also told him all vendors are highly conciencious ( I can't spell that word right to save my soul) on bird safety. I hope he orders from several of the vendors and checks out the Avenue for all of the food vendors too. Funny how he actually remembered me, it's been since 2008-2009 when I bought crimsons from him.

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
As long as UPS & USPS are running, we are shipping. We have been sequestered for 2+ weeks now, on 2 fenced/gated acres in the country and allowing no visitors, including family.

avian_antics_boutique BANNER.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Please note that while the post office is running, some packages may take longer than usual to get to you. I've had several going on detours (A package from Florida to Michigan is currently sight seeing in Colorado, for example).

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Please note that while the post office is running, some packages may take longer than usual to get to you. I've had several going on detours (A package from Florida to Michigan is currently sight seeing in Colorado, for example).
Thank you for letting us know.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I hope it sends a postcard!

Even during normalcy, I've had packages that were from Florida and going to another spot in Florida randomly leave the state and go on some grand tour of the United States. o_O The USPS can be a mystery sometimes.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I ordered some jewelry supplies I've looked at for months. That was Dec 21st when I bought them from a seller on Etsy. She shipped them and I checked the tracking number when they hadn't arrived after a couple of weeks. Sure enough, the small box arrived in my local post office but that's where it stops. It was not scanned as delivered by my mail carrier. I asked her about it, wrote the seller, and called the post office and spoke to a supervisor. Yes, the box had arrived, they even have a photo of the box, but... they have no idea what happened to the box after that. It's been a full three months since that package was mailed to me. The supervisor has scoured the facility looking for the box, checked the mail carriers vehicle ( she's been delivering mail here for 20 years now) but to no avail. I stay in touch with the seller, she filed a claim, I contacted her a week ago again to see if the claim had any updates.... she said she heard from them in the last week..."Post office is still looking for the box". I've even gone as far as posting ads on Craigslist in three different sections to see if maybe someone accidentally got the box ( still, it was not scanned as delivered.. anywhere).... I've heard nothing from Craigslist ( I even included a photo of the unique items). Should I file a claim? Write it off? The seller offered to sell me those items again at 1/2 off. I'm perturbed at the whole situation. I think this post office should have to reimburse me. It wasn't much money ( 26.00 ), but money-- is money, and right now I'm not making ANY money.

My unique beads are either vacationing in a land fill or on a super grand tour God knows where....

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Trump has mentioned closing the borders. This might be why USA orders are down.
I was wondering about that and ment to ask Danita if she was shopping to U.S. Still.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I ordered some jewelry supplies I've looked at for months. That was Dec 21st when I bought them from a seller on Etsy. She shipped them and I checked the tracking number when they hadn't arrived after a couple of weeks. Sure enough, the small box arrived in my local post office but that's where it stops. It was not scanned as delivered by my mail carrier. I asked her about it, wrote the seller, and called the post office and spoke to a supervisor. Yes, the box had arrived, they even have a photo of the box, but... they have no idea what happened to the box after that. It's been a full three months since that package was mailed to me. The supervisor has scoured the facility looking for the box, checked the mail carriers vehicle ( she's been delivering mail here for 20 years now) but to no avail. I stay in touch with the seller, she filed a claim, I contacted her a week ago again to see if the claim had any updates.... she said she heard from them in the last week..."Post office is still looking for the box". I've even gone as far as posting ads on Craigslist in three different sections to see if maybe someone accidentally got the box ( still, it was not scanned as delivered.. anywhere).... I've heard nothing from Craigslist ( I even included a photo of the unique items). Should I file a claim? Write it off? The seller offered to sell me those items again at 1/2 off. I'm perturbed at the whole situation. I think this post office should have to reimburse me. It wasn't much money ( 26.00 ), but money-- is money, and right now I'm not making ANY money.

My unique beads are either vacationing in a land fill or on a super grand tour God knows where....
Was it shipped first class or priority?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Was it shipped first class or priority?
Probably first class. Still... it was in the post office facility here... only about 5-6 miles from me. They don't have a clue what happened to it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Some carriers are restricting shipping to certain destinations, or adding additional steps to prevent the spread of the virus.

In light of this, effective immediately, Lil Monsters will only be shipping to United States addresses until some restrictions are lifted. This is to prevent any issues with orders being received as well as help limit the strain on those services being affected.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Oh, maybe I too should not ship out of the U.S right now. Oh but their thing say Priority Express International which I never ship Express. Wonder if that also applies to the regular Priority Mail International shipments. Thanks for the info Shawna! :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh, maybe I too should not ship out of the U.S right now. Oh but their thing say Priority Express International which I never ship Express. Wonder if that also applies to the regular Priority Mail International shipments. Thanks for the info Shawna! :)
They are suspending the Express International guarantee, but if you click on the individual countries below it shows more information about what is being restricted. There are about 20 countries currently on the list that we can't ship to at all with any USPS services currently, and my shipping service says more are being added on the 7th.

Other issues are that incoming packages are being handled differently than normal and this is causing delays and in some instances, packages are being lost.