• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi,
This is another thread similar to a recent one called "Please Read." It is NOT meant to be a bashing thread, let's not name-and-shame.

So there's a vendor, not one of our current vendors. I had an order placed on 7/5, today is 8/6. I sent a note asking for a full refund since the order is still showing unfulfilled and at this point I NEED the food.

There was no response. None, zilch, nada. So I went online to go to paypal and start the refund process --- and i had an email stating that the product had shipped!

I'm a little flabbergasted. If I (former violin shop owner) had shipped something several days AFTER a customer requested a refund, all manner of problems could happen. And probably would, knowing my luck.

You and I both know the email was seen. Would you accept the package? Send another email? Other?

It is worth noting that last time I got a "package shipped" notice from this vendor, it was 2-3 days before it really shipped.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´d go ahead with the refund. Once the order actually arrives, if it does, then I´d go about paying for the items.

*I have been burned by cancelling a refund after being told something had been shipped and later it never was shipped because it never came, and too late to request refund.*

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thank you! I just hate stress, you know?

Yeah me too! Obviously if it was me as a vendor I wouldn't be sending out products if someone wanted to cancel, but I also like to think I am a bit more communicative if something is going to be outside of my listed ETA. It's a shame that not all businesses think that way

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yeah me too! Obviously if it was me as a vendor I wouldn't be sending out products if someone wanted to cancel, but I also like to think I am a bit more communicative if something is going to be outside of my listed ETA. It's a shame that not all businesses think that way
If it was YOU I'd just say hey Shawna. :D
But I prolly wouldn't be canceling it either.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm also sorry you're dealing with this. I agree with you all, I hate stress and heartfelt communication that turns into confrontation.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I've similar experiences on Etsy. However, at least on there I can read reviews and get an idea of whether it'll be a gamble. I definitely have had this same scenario. Idk what happened but suddenly it's shipped right after I requested a refund. I hate confrontation, and I also hate when people are unreasonable. I like to think I'm a really understanding customer, as long as you actually communicate! I'm about there with an order I placed last month.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Last year I ordered some plugs, those stretched ear earrings. Mine aren't huge, and I like to wear gemstone ones. So this vendor had listed these gorgeous blue agate that were all striped, you would think the images in the listing represent their stock, right? And she says if there's a color scheme you would prefer message me and I'll do my best. Natural products, variations, etc. So over a week goes by and no shipping. TAT listed as 3 business days. I contact her and she says basically she mixed it up I'll send tomorrow. No problem. A few more days go by, still nothing. I contact her again. She's out of the style and size, would I like this other pair instead?Sure. Not what I wanted, but I like them, too. A few more days and nothing. I request my order be canceled and simultaneously they are shipped and I get a refund. So they still finally arrive and they're not even what we discussed, or the right size. I've had it, I left her a bad review which I never do, but I felt it was warranted. She emails me tearing into me for the negative review and how she'd had a death in the family and she'd expect some compassion and she had a friend sending orders out and I made a very specific request blah blah blah. Okay I'd have completely understood that, but she never said any of that! Just the worst Etsy experience I've ever had, and that's what my review said. There may have been a little more confusion, but it was awful. At least they were only $15!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Last year I ordered some plugs, those stretched ear earrings. Mine aren't huge, and I like to wear gemstone ones. So this vendor had listed these gorgeous blue agate that were all striped, you would think the images in the listing represent their stock, right? And she says if there's a color scheme you would prefer message me and I'll do my best. Natural products, variations, etc. So over a week goes by and no shipping. TAT listed as 3 business days. I contact her and she says basically she mixed it up I'll send tomorrow. No problem. A few more days go by, still nothing. I contact her again. She's out of the style and size, would I like this other pair instead?Sure. Not what I wanted, but I like them, too. A few more days and nothing. I request my order be canceled and simultaneously they are shipped and I get a refund. So they still finally arrive and they're not even what we discussed, or the right size. I've had it, I left her a bad review which I never do, but I felt it was warranted. She emails me tearing into me for the negative review and how she'd had a death in the family and she'd expect some compassion and she had a friend sending orders out and I made a very specific request blah blah blah. Okay I'd have completely understood that, but she never said any of that! Just the worst Etsy experience I've ever had, and that's what my review said. There may have been a little more confusion, but it was awful. At least they were only $15!
No she lied to you! There was no confusion!
I hear a lot of things like that about etsy. They let everyone in with no policing so people like that give us all a bad name. I have my shops on vacation, have for months. I'm out of my depression now but really debating staying on etsy.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
No she lied to you! There was no confusion!
I hear a lot of things like that about etsy. They let everyone in with no policing so people like that give us all a bad name. I have my shops on vacation, have for months. I'm out of my depression now but really debating staying on etsy.
One of my good friends has an Etsy shop too, and she's trustworthy, but some of the people she deals with... Yikes. I think she's in some forum that attempts to monitor shady vendors?

(ps glad to hear about your depression, I struggle with it too. :)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I am in the same boat. Ordered June 30th, asked twice about it, was reassured it would ship.
Last time asked for a refund, was told it's shipping Monday. Still unfulfilled.
Sad. :(
I didn't go through paypal, straight through my credit card. Not sure how hard that will be to get refunded.
I also had to order elsewhere, my birds are down to crumbs at the bottom of the barrel.
Not sure what to do from here.
Think it's the same shop.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Think it's the same shop
Must be. :(

I know my credit card is always really good to do refunds for me - but it’s through my bank. I don’t know how much that matters.

Negative reviews might carry some weight, but... I don't know Where we could put them.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
I wonder how many people would be interested in having ratings or reviews for the vendors? I know I would! I wonder if even a separate site like Survey Monkey or something would be useful. I know I love having the thread in the marketplace with their AA profiles, it's nice to know that I can reach out if needed!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am in the same boat. Ordered June 30th, asked twice about it, was reassured it would ship.
I didn't go through paypal, straight through my credit card. Not sure how hard that will be to get refunded.
I also had to order elsewhere, my birds are down to crumbs at the bottom of the barrel.
You have many other options. Danita has her freeze dried products. There is Texas freeze dried naturals, Christine's Chop Shop too.

I hate that you all are experiencing this! There is no excuse that I can see. If you are in biz, you have a commitment to follow though and ship orders no matter what in a timely manner.

I regard to rating vendors, that's not a bad idea. I think most of us on AA have had nothing but good said about us.

I have testimonials on my website from quite a few roadies.

The bad thing is it just takes one unhappy Person to hurt your business especially if that said Person had never bought from you and they dislike you for whatever reason I do not see as s good thing.

Then again most of us have Facebook biz accts and have reviews there as well.

Last edited:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne

Same here asked twice , was told it was being shipped out same day . Nothing shipped. Been over a month.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The true colors of bad vendors eventually come out. Sorry you are going through this

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Where did you check to see if your order was fulfilled? On the vendors website? Was the notice of the products shipped by the vendor or by paypal when you went to start the refund process? We've covered the issue of communication, which, in my opinion is key to good business. The length of time that has passed since the date of order without ANY form of communication is bad business no matter who you are. I always try to give the benefit of doubt for the reason in the lack of communication is caused by unforeseen problems by anyone I do business with. With the length of time that has passed I'm not sure there is a reason good enough to not have any form of contact. I've ordered items from Spain, China and a couple of other countries and expected a wait time... because... HEllllloooo... it's coming from another country.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Well if it's a bad vendor someone should spill the name. Damn the etiquette. Business is business. You live by the sword and die by the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.