• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
The reason no one is getting a refund is because the money is spent as fast as it comes in. Another small/new business move to stay afloat. They may also be in debt to their suppliers. That's a death sentence.
Everyone is so nice here.

Can you imagine John if you did all that?
If it was me and my t4w customers :omg: they would have zero tolerance for this.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I don't think any consumer should have to wait for goods. In the case of the foods and how they are produced, I can see it taking time. Not a month! That is crazy.

As Danita said, if she is rushing to get orders out, she may half cure the foods which would leave room for faster spoiling.

I as a vendor, I am so very sorry that this happened to you. It is inexcusable.

She should send you all something to get by and I am sure she can, and I am not sure why she can't. Especially those who have reached out to her numerous times if she can't refund you!

If anyone really is in dire straits on a food, please reach out to me.

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Thank you Claire, we all appreciate you. I did go through all your food last night -- right now I'm trying to do this All Raw / Whole food diet recommended by Dr. Crean. You don't carry the weirdo food I have to have! :laugh:

However I do have a few things marked in your shop to stock up on. I have to also alternate with the local rescue, they sell food a little less than most vendors and we don't have to pay shipping.
Will definitely reach out if this order blows up in my face. I know before you were SO QUICK to deliver.

@Danita - re: when in doubt -- don't worry. It'll be studied, sniffed, and probably dissected before I give it to anybirdy.

@JLcribber I have some opinions about the business start-up too. Of course I'm just guessing but it looks like juggling money.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
If this were just me and I didn't know about the issue so many are also having, I would still gift the benefit of the doubt and inquire again if it doesn't ship by Saturday. Then if not by the next promised date, I'd request a refund. I'd give that a few days and then open a dispute with PayPal.

However.... Given the situation I'm inclined to request a refund if/when it does/n't ship this week.

Thoughts? I HATE having to wrestle with merchants.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I know of one person still waiting from June 1st after multiple inquiries. That is almost 10 weeks.... On a 7 to 10 day turnaround.

Just saying.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I know of one person still waiting from June 1st after multiple inquiries. That is almost 10 weeks.... On a 7 to 10 day turnaround.

Just saying.
That's SO wrong! I think she needs to close up shop!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Having a business model of telling your customers I have decided since I am behind I will fulfill new orders first not the back ordered ones should raise red flags to anyone purchasing from them. On top of after stating that let’s then have a 50% off store wide sale. :faint:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gosh, I'm just glad I never did order! I was very excited about the products and the enthusiasm here on AA but couldn't get my act together to figure out what I might want. Love when my procrastination pays off. :)

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Seriously.

So I ordered a month or so ago some things for my mom to try for her birds. Emailed yesterday for a refund as zero communication and nothing shipped. Went straight to PayPal for a refund claim as I read this thread first and knew what would happen. Sure enough a tiny bit after my email for a refund I got a shipment notice. Sigh.
Emailed her again and said nope, refund me and keep your package as I have safety concerns regarding the food. She emailed me this blurb: “There was someone upset with me and spreading some rumors elsewhere, but I pride myself in my standards and my ability to stay out of drama. I understand that it's everywhere these days, but I hadn't heard of any concerns...”
Rather than get into it with her I thankfully have my husband who gets straight to the point lol. When she said the post office has it already, even tho tracking says they don’t, we said simply call them and have the shipment stopped since it clearly isn’t even scanned in yet. But no response to that yet.

One of my favorite quotes is when a person shows you who they are, believe them. My husband finds criminals and liars everyday for his job so he recognizes them better than I do and after reading just one email he said “yep, you’ve gotta stand your ground with people like this.”

I HATE confrontation and have ordered so many times from the vendors here and I don’t think I’ve ever had a single issue with any of them over the years. I always want to be polite and non confrontational but when it comes to my birds safety and also the money I put into that...just nope. It also helps to have my husband tell me that legally this can be considered a fraudulent business dealing and we do have the right to file a report in her jurisdiction should she continue to ignore repeated requests for a refund.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

Just saying.
:jawdrop1:
That's terrible. USPS says mine is arriving tomorrow.

That's SO wrong! I think she needs to close up shop!
I agree.

Gosh, I'm just glad I never did order! I was very excited about the products and the enthusiasm here on AA but couldn't get my act together to figure out what I might want. Love when my procrastination pays off. :)
:lol:
Emailed yesterday for a refund as zero communication and nothing shipped. Went straight to PayPal for a refund claim as I read this thread first and knew what would happen. Sure enough a tiny bit after my email for a refund I got a shipment notice. Sigh.
Emailed her again and said nope, refund me and keep your package as I have safety concerns regarding the food. She emailed me this blurb: “There was someone upset with me and spreading some rumors elsewhere, but I pride myself in my standards and my ability to stay out of drama. I understand that it's everywhere these days, but I hadn't heard of any concerns...”
Grrrr well I guess that would be me. I despise being called a liar, that is a hot button.

They are not rumors. I have done my best to state fact or to SAY this is my opinion.

I'm tired of this line: I pride myself in my standards

Those standards are:
- Promise a make-up pack for your mistake, and not send it (to at least 6 members of AA)
- Create a shipping label instead of giving a refund (3 or 4 of us) -- oh and the package didn't actually arrive at the PO when that label got created
-Offer another sale to entice new customers to order even tho other customers have been waaaaaitingggggg
-Put certain customers' orders ahead of people and talk about it online
-Use OPM (other people's money) to open a business while they wait for products
-and lets don't forget the standard of food: Moldy, burned, otherwise inedible.

Whoops. All of a sudden I got mad.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
My first package of seeds to sprout (I'm not gonna look up correct name) contained hulled buckwheat. Beginner mistake. So it molded when I tried to sprout. There wasn't any way around it. It never got replaced - but that is so dangerous. I mean, if somebody loses their flock.... heaven help us.

It made me wonder how much 'experience' there really is in this situation.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Just my 2cents file complaints with BBB also enough complaints they will have to do something to improve their record.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I freak out if one of my orders is on Day 5 of my 3 to 5 day turnaround :lol: I would be soooo stressed being a month behind.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Just my 2cents file complaints with BBB also enough complaints they will have to do something to improve their record.
This was recommended to me to do first also before escalating, I forgot to mention it but it’s a good idea.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
@finchly I have no idea who she was talking about. That was part of a bunch of filler she put in the email that had nothing to do with my refund. I did not mention AA at all.
I ignored her attempts at being slippery and went right back to the refund and haven’t heard anything since.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I get the blame for all of this :lol:
“There was someone upset with me and spreading some rumors elsewhere, but I pride myself in my standards and my ability to stay out of drama. I understand that it's everywhere these days, but I hadn't heard of any concerns...”

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Concerns over delayed orders, false promises/statements and other questionable business practices is not ¨drama¨. And when we´re talking about bird food, it is very serious. It would be different if it were a perch that had been delayed in shipping but the seller communicated the delay openly and honestly.

She emailed me this blurb: “There was someone upset with me and spreading some rumors elsewhere, but I pride myself in my standards and my ability to stay out of drama. I understand that it's everywhere these days, but I hadn't heard of any concerns...”
Could this email be any more unprofessional? :(

I get the blame for all of this
The only person to blame for the backlash is the seller. I´m sure if they were only honest about what is actually going on, some people would be more understanding.

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
There may have been logical reasons for all this delay but if they aren't told to the customers when the customers inquire, they aren't known. The greatest harm it does is to the merchant that does it.

I've seen issues on these forums with large companies but they generally answer the inquiries. That's why they are still in business.

@Danita All I can say to your comment is "Bull feathers."

Status
Not open for further replies.