• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Well if it's a bad vendor someone should spill the name. Damn the etiquette. Business is business. You live by the sword and die by the sword.
I'mo die eating gummie bears and worms. :D

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Hi,
This is another thread similar to a recent one called "Please Read." It is NOT meant to be a bashing thread, let's not name-and-shame.

So there's a vendor, not one of our current vendors. I had an order placed on 7/5, today is 8/6. I sent a note asking for a full refund since the order is still showing unfulfilled and at this point I NEED the food.

There was no response. None, zilch, nada. So I went online to go to paypal and start the refund process --- and i had an email stating that the product had shipped!

I'm a little flabbergasted. If I (former violin shop owner) had shipped something several days AFTER a customer requested a refund, all manner of problems could happen. And probably would, knowing my luck.

You and I both know the email was seen. Would you accept the package? Send another email? Other?

It is worth noting that last time I got a "package shipped" notice from this vendor, it was 2-3 days before it really shipped.
Keep it open until you get it.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Well if it's a bad vendor someone should spill the name. Damn the etiquette. Business is business. You live by the sword and die by the sword.

I agree with John! Why should everyone go through hassles of trying to get what they ordered if it seems to be common practice not to fulfill orders in a timely manner! Especially for animals, if it’s a pair of shoes etc, who cares, but these are animals that require the food and who wants to have to buy from numerous places all the time, just in case!

Now if it’s a family emergency or unforeseen occurrence, shut the site down temporarily, add a note to all existing orders that lets them know what happened and try to fill it ASAP. Then when possible open up again. Would be surprised how many people will ‘wait’ for things!! People can be quite tolerant if kept informed, and not feel like they are being jipped

That’s my two cents worth, and the reason why I do not order online no matter how much I want something. Work too hard for my pennies to just possibly lose it on bad business practices. Have had too many people experience it to risk getting burnt!

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
I had the same experience :( Waited over a month, commented on a few posts after emailing and calling (no answer). Finally got “I’m so sorry it’s shipping today with a bunch of freebies as an apology”. Finally got the box with no freebies and a substitution. Emailed about it and was told freebies would ship the next day, but it has been two weeks and nothing so doubt I will get them. The substitution I was told wasn’t a substitution, and some of the products share the same label (not the name of the product I ordered) but it looked different from the picture too. It was a huge bummer because my birds really loved some of the stuff, but I am not sure if I will re-order :(

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Hi,
This is another thread similar to a recent one called "Please Read." It is NOT meant to be a bashing thread, let's not name-and-shame.

So there's a vendor, not one of our current vendors. I had an order placed on 7/5, today is 8/6. I sent a note asking for a full refund since the order is still showing unfulfilled and at this point I NEED the food.

There was no response. None, zilch, nada. So I went online to go to paypal and start the refund process --- and i had an email stating that the product had shipped!

I'm a little flabbergasted. If I (former violin shop owner) had shipped something several days AFTER a customer requested a refund, all manner of problems could happen. And probably would, knowing my luck.

You and I both know the email was seen. Would you accept the package? Send another email? Other?

It is worth noting that last time I got a "package shipped" notice from this vendor, it was 2-3 days before it really shipped.
Honestly if the product isn’t one you feel is 100% safe for your birds based even just on the conduct of the person making it, I’d still start the refund process on PayPal and return that shipment to sender if ever it arrives. It can take a while for PayPal to get to the point where they take over and process the refund but at least they would eventually.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Where did you check to see if your order was fulfilled? On the vendors website? Was the notice of the products shipped by the vendor or by paypal when you went to start the refund process? We've covered the issue of communication, which, in my opinion is key to good business. The length of time that has passed since the date of order without ANY form of communication is bad business no matter who you are. I always try to give the benefit of doubt for the reason in the lack of communication is caused by unforeseen problems by anyone I do business with. With the length of time that has passed I'm not sure there is a reason good enough to not have any form of contact. I've ordered items from Spain, China and a couple of other countries and expected a wait time... because... HEllllloooo... it's coming from another country.
Oh yeah, I would not be worried if it was coming from another country. I always giggle when people leave reviews saying “it took 15 days to get here” from china and it’s stated all over the listing and website.

I received a shipping notice via email. I followed the link with the tracking number and it’s on the way. This was literally in the moment I went online to see if I had a response to my inquiry, and if not, go to paypal for the refund.

I definitely live and die by the sword John! :lol:

WD

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m feeling really bad reading people posting saying the same thing ¨awaiting on food for their birds and orders not being shipped despite being told they would be¨. When it comes to food for my birds or my dog I don´t play around nor will I allow to be messed around by anyone.
Sorry you guys are all having the same issues, I´m sure that is quite stressful.
If it were me having these issues, I would be getting a refund and purchasing elsewhere. 100%.
Hope you guys all get your food, or figure something out :(

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Oh yeah, I would not be worried if it was coming from another country. I always giggle when people leave reviews saying “it took 15 days to get here” from china and it’s stated all over the listing and website.

Usually from China I completely forgot I even ordered it and then when it arrives 3 months later I'm completely surprised by this package at my door!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
It's not even the wait that's ticking me off. It's the lies of 'it's shipping tomorrow', and then sits. Twice now told this.
If she'd just have honestly posted on FB or the Website the truth, that she's overwhelmed, or whatever I'd have been OK.
Given an honest estimate of how long it'd be, I'd have been able to order small elsewhere while waiting.
But listening to her lies has me ordering too late and now am having to run to Petco :( to hold me over for another order I finally made.
And to top it off, she's sending out new orders she's getting.....that's what really got me going.
I am wondering if it's a 'friends first, others whenever' type of situation.

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
It's not even the wait that's ticking me off. It's the lies of 'it's shipping tomorrow', and then sits. Twice now told this.
If she'd just have honestly posted on FB or the Website the truth, that she's overwhelmed, or whatever I'd have been OK.
Given an honest estimate of how long it'd be, I'd have been able to order small elsewhere while waiting.
But listening to her lies has me ordering too late and now am having to run to Petco :( to hold me over for another order I finally made.
And to top it off, she's sending out new orders she's getting.....that's what really got me going.
That’s how I felt too. I saw a LOT of posts of people getting stuff quickly who had placed orders during the second sale (which I wanted to order more from but didn’t) because my order from the first day of the first sale was still unfulfilled :(

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I'm going to contact the seller about mine today.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Wow! Hoping everyone gets their orders settled! I always get my food from the same vendor.. (apparently not this one) and have never had problems. Looks like quite a few people have ordered from this person...she’s/he is really ruining their business by doing this!

And Hi there @finchly !

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That was my situation also. Two times my remaining partial order was shipping the next day. I finally cancelled 2 1/2 orders and requested a refund. I was told I was not allowed to cancel the partial order (the one that was promised to be shipped two prior times) because it would be too hard to refund :shrug: I did finally get that order, it was not correct. Promised freebies for my inconvenience, not included.

When cancelling I had explained very nicely that I couldn't tie up bird food money to pay for bird food and then receive no food to feed my bird. It also stretched my funds as I ordered more food to replenish everything. Repeated requests for a refund went unanswered. A refund for the 2 cancelled orders came 14 days later after opening a PayPal claim.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
This is a sad situation.
I was so excited about this food.
I'm not judgmental, do not expect perfection, was willing to be patient.
But I do expect honesty and integrity.
So far I've not seen either. :(
I hope the food makes this worthwhile.
Got another FB message this morning on it shipping tomorrow.
We'll see. I'll hold off on a refund for now as I have other stuff arriving in a few days.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
And Hi there @finchly !
:hello: MY FRIEND! How are you?

It's good to see you!

When cancelling I had explained very nicely that I couldn't tie up bird food money to pay for bird food and then receive no food to feed my bird. It also stretched my funds as I ordered more food to replenish everything. Repeated requests for a refund went unanswered.
This. Plus if you think about it - all that money being held is bound to draw interest. Or perhaps the account needed to show a certain $ amount for business reasons. Not fair.

(Like, sometimes to get accounts with certain companies you have to show $10k or $25k in your business account)

This is a sad situation.
I was so excited about this food.
I'm not judgmental, do not expect perfection, was willing to be patient.
But I do expect honesty and integrity.
So far I've not seen either. :(
I hope the food makes this worthwhile.
Got another FB message this morning on it shipping tomorrow.
We'll see. I'll hold off on a refund for now as I have other stuff arriving in a few days.
I know. I was so excited too. But when the red flags went up, I should have paid attention. Red flag for me is someone continually telling me what a good, honest person they are And that they care about the birds.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
:shrug3:"Shipping this week."

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I am sorry this is all happening to you guys.
:(
But PLEASE check your food. Smell it, is it moist? Does it have webs? I have had a number of PMs regarding the quality. If in doubt throw it out.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Personally, I think the sale after sale thing is borrowing from Peter to pay Paul sort of business plan.
The reason no one is getting a refund is because the money is spent as fast as it comes in. Another small/new business move to stay afloat. They may also be in debt to their suppliers. That's a death sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.