• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Here is the edit history on that post, in case you need that for your bank. It shows what was originally posted on July 20th, and then shows the edited versions on October 3rd at 9:24pm and 9:30pm. If you need better copies, just PM me your private email address and I can send them as attachments that way.

View attachment 316795
View attachment 316796
View attachment 316797
I believe it is politely called a "CYA" - not you @Hjarta or @Mizzely . I'm sorry for those who made purchases but I wasn't one; there was something about her "gung-ho" sales approach that didn't sit well with me. There was nothing I could point out or put my finger on specifically, so I watched.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes once something is on the internet it is hard to erase the evidence!

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Hi all, sorry I haven’t been on today. I’ve been pm’ing with a few folks here who have been kind enough to help me track down a lab. I’ve sent quote requests to many of the online labs, but have only received one response so far (no surprise as most stated 36-48 hours for a reply). Unfortunately the response I received stated they’d require me to go through a Vet. I also tried calling some local Universities at lunch and couldn’t get a live person on the phone...which drives me insane!

Just wanted to let you all know I am working on this, and have a few helpers who have been nice enough to also contact some of the labs. If any of you would be able to reach out to your local Universities, that would also be helpful. The more options we have, the better!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Warning: either keep it clean and reasonable or this thread will be permanently removed. Last warning!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Good morning, I received phone call from FDA, this morning. No they will test our food @Leanna was right, but they will put her company on their inspection list but cannot say when it will happen. I requested a call back for results.
Here are some other phone numbers for you all with sick birds to call USDA 1 888 674 6854 follow the instructions I believe number 3 will get you to human person. They gave this number to call 1 844 820 2234 their animal welfare office. Surprisingly they called back within 30 minutes. They gave email address to share with those have sick birds. animalcare@usda.gov. Skip this email address I was given wrong information by darn government personal¡¡¡¡¿¿¿¿¿
I also shared this information with @JoJo&Loki too.

Last edited:

Leanna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leanna B
I wouldn't count on the gov to do much about it especially when it comes to animal welfare.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
OK.
If you have a bird that has been made ill or died through the use of these products, please make a video. Include your bird! (If possible) and yourself. If you don't want to be on-camera we can blur out your face. If you have the product packaging please show it, otherwise name it.
If your vet is involved, share that information. If you just had spoiled food, at least share the name of it and a photo. And the date if you know, or at least "July 2019".
Don't worry about bloopers in videos, just start over; I can even cut those out (sometimes I start over with the camera still rolling). Be as specific as you can.

@taxidermynerd
@Mockinbirdiva
@Hawk12237
@Mizzely
@Karen
@EkkieLu

Who have I missed?

Yes. "If you meet the requirements for a civil action, you can sue someone for defamation, whether libel or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you. However, you must be able to prove the necessary elements of a defamation suit if you wish to collect damages."

In other words -- SHE has to prove we were slandering or whatever. That we were making false accusations. That's why we need the testing and the vet's reports.
you can use my video... I think it's in the 911 thread.
Right after I almost lost poppers.

Last edited:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
you can use my video... I think it's in the 911 thread.
Right after I almost lost poppers.

In dealing with a vet to get them to " specifically " say it's from the food is hard. The reason is much like asking your own doctor to put in writing that an injury was related to an auto accident. They won't always do it. Why? Risk of being dragged into litigation. They can't afford to tie their office up or closing it up for a day because a court want to hear their story on it. They don't want to get involved.
You can ask a vet what to test for and that for recommendations, but for them to put in writing and state it's from the food might be hard pressed to get a vet to say it was in writing.
We need to first get a list from everyone that had taken a bird to vet after WD's and confirm exactly what the issue was.
In my case, yes, poppers seen vet prior to going on daileys, and then after. Even after, her blood test wasn't anything to concern the vet, they were elevated some, mainly the panel that showed an infection going on. The infection ( fungal) was so bad it prevented poppers from absorbing food and nutrients.
What I suggest we test for us fungal growth in Dailey food.
She processed food fromher basement... Prefect environment for mold and fungus. Second, old food being mixed with new food.. ( out dated vs new).
If you test for salt and sugar alone, you'll get laughed out of court. All bird food has some form of salt and sugar in one form or another. It won't specifically state salt or sugar, because both come in many many forms.
What needs to be done if testing for salt and sugar is to have parameters or species specific guide lines. Some birds handle and need more sugar than others. Take the humming bird, it lives off glucose ( sugar). So that's why these testing places want a vet to recommend the tests. Because they give guide lines. But what are the guide lines?? You can't find that anywhere on line. How much salt and sugar can a bird have...each bird species is a bit different. That's the key.
All bird food out there has both salt and sugar, some birds require more, others less. But bird food that Dailey has is not species specific. It's aimed at all parrots. But then so is most other bird food out there.
Here's a guide to follow...concerning daileys.
1). Who are her suppliers and where are they getting the food from?
2). Where is daileys getting her food from outside of suppliers and what brands?
3). Confirm stock is rotated not mixed ( old and new) to prevent cross contamination.
4). Test for mold and fungal spores.
5) test the salt and sugar content and provided amount per
Full sealed bag.
6) know the daily salt and sugar recommended intake for
Parrots in general ( average) and guidelines.
7) is wd's following safe food prep guidelines.
This will start your testing. :yes3:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
In dealing with a vet to get them to " specifically " say it's from the food is hard. The reason is much like asking your own doctor to put in writing that an injury was related to an auto accident. They won't always do it. Why? Risk of being dragged into litigation. They can't afford to tie their office up or closing it up for a day because a court want to hear their story on it. They don't want to get involved.
You can ask a vet what to test for and that for recommendations, but for them to put in writing and state it's from the food might be hard pressed to get a vet to say it was in writing.
We need to first get a list from everyone that had taken a bird to vet after WD's and confirm exactly what the issue was.
In my case, yes, poppers seen vet prior to going on daileys, and then after. Even after, her blood test wasn't anything to concern the vet, they were elevated some, mainly the panel that showed an infection going on. The infection ( fungal) was so bad it prevented poppers from absorbing food and nutrients.
What I suggest we test for us fungal growth in Dailey food.
She processed food fromher basement... Prefect environment for mold and fungus. Second, old food being mixed with new food.. ( out dated vs new).
If you test for salt and sugar alone, you'll get laughed out of court. All bird food has some form of salt and sugar in one form or another. It won't specifically state salt or sugar, because both come in many many forms.
What needs to be done if testing for salt and sugar is to have parameters or species specific guide lines. Some birds handle and need more sugar than others. Take the humming bird, it lives off glucose ( sugar). So that's why these testing places want a vet to recommend the tests. Because they give guide lines. But what are the guide lines?? You can't find that anywhere on line. How much salt and sugar can a bird have...each bird species is a bit different. That's the key.
All bird food out there has both salt and sugar, some birds require more, others less. But bird food that Dailey has is not species specific. It's aimed at all parrots. But then so is most other bird food out there.
Here's a guide to follow...concerning daileys.
1). Who are her suppliers and where are they getting the food from?
2). Where is daileys getting her food from outside of suppliers and what brands?
3). Confirm stock is rotated not mixed ( old and new) to prevent cross contamination.
4). Test for mold and fungal spores.
5) test the salt and sugar content and provided amount per
Full sealed bag.
6) know the daily salt and sugar recommended intake for
Parrots in general ( average) and guidelines.
7) is wd's following safe food prep guidelines.
This will start your testing. :yes3:
@JoJo&Loki

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Hawk thank you for the information, that is exactly what is needed!

All- if possible can you pm me with specific issues your birds have had. I have 2 labs I’m currently working with but they both need to know EXACTLY what we’re looking for. I have a call with one of them today @ 4. I’m working all day but will be checking my pm’s, so if you can provide me with this information it would be very helpful!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hawk thank you for the information, that is exactly what is needed!

All- if possible can you pm me with specific issues your birds have had. I have 2 labs I’m currently working with but they both need to know EXACTLY what we’re looking for. I have a call with one of them today @ 4. I’m working all day but will be checking my pm’s, so if you can provide me with this information it would be very helpful!

Okey dokey...!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Ok I just got off the phone with Shannon from Birds and Beaks rescue in Battle Creek, Michigan. 2 years ago they lost 11 birds to bad food. This her recommendation, if we are going to privately test this garbage to go to university of Michigan state college for the testing. But be prepared to pay a pretty penny for cost. Her words it ain't CHEAP.
Her other suggestion was for everybody to go to their state dept of agriculture file a complaint with chain of evidences: date ordered,
date shipped ,
date received
information from their veterinarian of illness,
type of illness ie bacterial,fungal etc etc,
treatment vet visits afterward for problems possibly caused from WD, bags from food,
food,
how it was stored.
Dept of AG state level will more then likely test this trash with proper chain of evidence and for free. This put this on every one own plate to follow procedure for their state dept of agriculture.
Shannon has great insights because she has be down this road from beginning to end. Her rescue lost 11 birds from possible bad food, not WD, other food. Her insights were in very helpful I thought. There has to be paper trail that is right on the money every detail otherwise we are spitting into the wind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.