• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vacation!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yay! Vacation!

Two days ago on Monday we arived in Bluffton! As soon as I opened the travel carrier Kiwi flew out onto my head! (he really wanted to get out) We got to Bluffton at around 8:30 (Kiwi's Travel Journal coming soon) so I set up the cage!

Fast foward to yesterday, we went to Petsmart and bought a cuttlebone and a boing! (BTW the budgies at Petsmart looked more healthy and calm than the ones at Petco)

Today we had him out of the cage for at least 3 hours. (No dogs! Freedom!) Then a big thunderstorm started. (I can still hear a lot of distant rumbles as I type this) Kiwi looks pretty tired after his fun day, and I'm going to have dinner soon. And in short, we're having lots of fun!

Images coming soon!​

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m so happy to hear you are having fun and Kiwi is enjoying himself. I look forward to some pictures :) :loveshower:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I wanna go, I wanna go! Wow, what a great resort photo! How is Kiwi liking his new boing?

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Kiwi's Travel Journal (Mostly by Kiwi)

8/5/19

We left at: 5:30 AM We arived at: 8:50 PM

9:02 AM
Realy erley tis mornin the hooman put me in the travl carir, later she put me in da car. Son the car was movin. The hooman was sittin nex to me and at 1 pont she put dow the covr so I desided to stik my beek ot of the carir to anoy her! Latr, she removd the covr and I wantd to tweet ovr the sonds in the car so I sung my loudest! ETA: 7:37 PM

9:45 AM
We ar stuk in trafic ETA: 7:32 PM

9:48 AM
We just went ovr the Delaware Memorial Bridge! Now we ar in Delaware. (Delaware spelled with the help of Kiwi's Mom) ETA: 7:31 PM

10:05 AM
(Kiwi's Mom) Waze is a great app, but at times it can get really annoying! Every 15 minutes I hear "Construction Ahead, Debree On The Road, ect." ETA: 7:31 PM

10:25 AM
The hooman's brothr was playing som anoyin sounds so I scremed at him! Then I prened mysef. ETA: 7:32 PM

10:32 AM
We ar in Maryland! The hooman keps takin abot sumting caled "the tunel" I wondr wat it is! ETA: 7:32 PM

11:00 AM
We just went ina BIG, tunel! The lites wer a litle dim in the tunel. ETA: 7:38 PM

11:09 AM
The hoomans ar having a snac. So am I! ETA: 7:38 PM

11:41 AM
We jus got to Virginia! I wuz playing wif a litle toy when we entrd! ETA: 7:58 PM (BTW we switched to google maps)

12:02 PM
I wuz asweep but now I'm awayc. Wen I woc up I saw a buncha big birbs throo the invizibul hard thing! Also, I did a vere cute yawn! ETA: 7:56 PM

12:29 PM
The hooman just stuc her hand ina carir and gav me scritches! They felt good Then we went ovr a rivr but the hooman did not get any "photos". ETA: 7:54 PM

1:07 PM
The hooman gav me som watr then she went to sweep. ETA: 7:52 PM

1:23 PM
The hooman wok up. I tweeted at her and then I playd with a toy! ETA: 7:52 PM

2:33 PM
We ar in North Carolina! 5 and a haf ours left! ETA: 7:59 PM

3:20 PM
Thar ar a lot of flat open placs in North Carolina. Lots of pine tres too. ETA: 8:12 PM

4:15 PM
Itz rayning outsid. ETA: 8:12 PM

5:25 PM
We just got to South Carolina! Only 2 and a haf mor ours! ETA: 8:11 PM

6:23 PM
The hooman gav me scritches! ETA: 8:14 PM

6:45 PM
(Kiwi's Mom) We stopped at Sonic to get some milkshakes and I saw two young cats by a dumpster. ETA: 8:46 PM

7:49 PM
Only 57 mor minits! ETA: 8:46 PM

7:59 PM
I realy want to get out of my travl carir, but the hooman wil not let me out of it. She keps saying "we wil be ther soon" I am confusd. ETA: 8:46 PM

8:50 PM
We arivd!!!

Last edited:

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Yoshi speaking: how dar homan not let yo out the carier so yous can fly arond tha car! I hope yo gav homan a big pek!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Kiwi speaking:

Yoshi,

i did not giv her a peck but I DID fly on her hed as son as the carir opend!

-Kiwi