• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

UVB lighting

Srohe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suzanna
Looking to get our G2 a UVB full spectrum bulb and fixture to put in it. Was curious as to what if any you all recommend. Need something to attach to her cage.

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
I recommend Arcadia lighting. I personally wouldn’t use any other brand. The CFL bulbs (FeatherBrite, ZooMed Avian Aun, etc.) that claim to be UV give off a negligible amount. You want full fluorescent tubes which is what Arcadia makes. They have fixtures that attach to the cage, too. They’re pricey but worth it. If you’re in the US you can buy their products at lightyourreptiles.com

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
You do not want a fixture that attaches to the cage because your bird will attacked to the fixture I know I have G2s

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Cord biting can be a real problem. Having further away is better for a couple of reasons... One of which is lower intensity of UV light. This is especially important if your bird is a feather chewer as they can be burned by excessively harsh UV from certain kinds of bulbs.