• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Used Play/Tree Stands?

Budgie33

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura
I have been looking for play/tree stands for a while now, since I think it would be better for Indie to have a play/tree stand rather than sitting on the windowsill or top of her cage. I heard some people have gotten some great second-hand stands for much less than it would be to get a new stand. Does anyone on AA have any natural wood tree/play stands that aren't needed anymore? Thank you!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
We have this area for members selling used items:

But I have not seen any playstands trees lately :)

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
If you have access to branches and a few power tools, you could try building your own play tree. Not much harder than making a coat rack.

This is a basic guide:

Budgie33

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura
If you have access to branches and a few power tools, you could try building your own play tree. Not much harder than making a coat rack.

This is a basic guide:

Unfortunately for me, I neither have the tools, supplies. time or skill to make my own... :lol:

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
Unfortunately for me, I neither have the tools, supplies. time or skill to make my own... :lol:
Mini Christmas tree stand ($15 or so on Amazon) + a fallen branch from a bird-safe species of tree (disinfected at home) = natural bird gym/tree :D We have one in the corner of our Family Room that neither bird really cares for :meh: It looks great, though, and didn't cost much so I don't mind... all that much :laugh:

jeansie1988

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jeanette
I just bought a huge java tree stand.
A
In my area they go for $600+ and I bought it for $160!
It needs a clean but it's in really great shape.
My only concern certain is making sure that it gets disinfected properly because the woman has an African grey who didn't like it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Clean it with 50/50 vinegar and water, then douse generously with F10, Pet Focus, or 10:1 diluted bleach (not splashless). The F10 is my favorite as it does not need to be rinsed. I would rinse with the other two. And if possible, let it sit in the sun for a day to dry well and use the UV to help break down the bleach or any other lasting residue.