• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Urine color!

Amani3149

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amani
Hello ❤
I have an urgent question about my parrot dropping I noticed a change in my parrot urine, it changed to green so I took him to the vet yesterday and they told me he is ok after taking a sample from the dropping and they gave me antibiotics and vit b which I used yesterday, but today my parrot urine is yellow is this normal ?!
I am really curious to hear your experiences with this cause I am really worried!
FYI Lulu seems ok he is playing, eating , dancing .....
His diet is well balanced vegetables and fruits( cucumber,carrots,broccoli,green apple grapes) plus zupreem fruit blend sometimes I give him rice and bread
Thanks

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
49428990_1184479985035863_4735612601059246080_o.jpg

Diet and medications can affect fecal and urine colors. Have you asked the vet if the yellow urine is to be expected with the treatment plan?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Le tyourself have a couple of days of watching his urine, urates and feces. Also be very aware of what he eats. Many time (especially feeding dyed pellets like Zupreem) color can leech out of the feces into the urine.

Have you considered changing him to an undyed pellet? I recommend that you try to convert him.
Pellets for Parrots

Amani3149

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amani
Le tyourself have a couple of days of watching his urine, urates and feces. Also be very aware of what he eats. Many time (especially feeding dyed pellets like Zupreem) color can leech out of the feces into the urine.

Have you considered changing him to an undyed pellet? I recommend that you try to convert him.
Pellets for Parrots
He was on it for five months and his urine was clear that’s why I am confused

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
They can sometimes change their preference and eat only green or only red etc. That is one of the reasons an undyed pellet is better.