• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Urgent ! Yellow feathers

Ailin

Moving in
Real Name
Ailin
Hi this is urgent , my lovebird who is 1 year old just appeared to have some random yellow feathers between his green feathers on his back , he is a Fischer so I found that so weird ! Plus he is over weighted. His diet contains seeds mostly and during the day he eats vegetables and fruits , I remember when his partner was a bit sick I offered them egg (the white part of it only ) I believe he has eaten too much of it , I've searched the web and mostly it says fatty liver can cause that I'm not sure I'd like to know your answer thank you so much

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
Hi Ailin,

Starting with the easy part, if you only gave the birds egg whites and not the yolks, that doesn't have any fat in it. So, you don't need to worry that that caused your bird to have too much fat. If your bird is mostly eating seeds plus some fruits and vegetables, that might not be ideal and there may be improvements you can make to his diet.

Is it possible for you to take your bird to see an avian vet? They're the experts and can do the examination and tests to see what's going on with your bird. And, if there are changes you need to make to his die,t they can tell you how to do that to make sure it doesn't cause other problems for your bird.

It might also be helpful if you can post some pictures of your bird, and especially the places where his feathers don't look right to you. That way, people who know about lovebirds (@Zara ) maybe can give you some idea if what you're seeing is normal.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is this the same bird that wasn´t well in your prev. thread? What happened at the vet with that?

Dp you have a picture?

Ailin

Moving in
Real Name
Ailin
Hi Ailin,

Starting with the easy part, if you only gave the birds egg whites and not the yolks, that doesn't have any fat in it. So, you don't need to worry that that caused your bird to have too much fat. If your bird is mostly eating seeds plus some fruits and vegetables, that might not be ideal and there may be improvements you can make to his diet.

Is it possible for you to take your bird to see an avian vet? They're the experts and can do the examination and tests to see what's going on with your bird. And, if there are changes you need to make to his die,t they can tell you how to do that to make sure it doesn't cause other problems for your bird.

It might also be helpful if you can post some pictures of your bird, and especially the places where his feathers don't look right to you. That way, people who know about lovebirds (@Zara ) maybe can give you some idea if what you're seeing is normal.
Hi Mayor ,at the moment I cant take him that's why I'm so worried , but sure I'll as soon as I find the time , yes I only gave them the white part of the egg I hope it's fine, yes I'm working on their food diet , I only used seeds for 2 months because my other bird was injured by his partner and I had to make sure they eat properly to get the protein.

Ailin

Moving in
Real Name
Ailin
Is this the same bird that wasn´t well in your prev. thread? What happened at the vet with that?

Dp you have a picture?
Hi mrs Zara yes it's the same bird I took him to vet and there wasnt anything wrong with his chest feathers but he had respiratory problems and we used nebulizer to give him his treatment, he was cured hopefully, sorry for no news from the last time I've been really busy anyway he was fine till 3 or 4 days ago that these yellow feathers appeared and now hes mostly breathing with open beak , sad and just sleepy that makes me so worried I really want him to feel great again I'll send a picture of his feathers ,

Attachments