• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Urgent!! Please help me out.

Birdowner4

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Filothei
Hi! I've had tweety for 4 years, and his back has been like this for a few months. I thought it was just molting at first but I think it's not the right season for that. I honestly don't know what to do, whenever I go near he spreads his wings and opens his beak as if he were to get agressive. He doesn't sing much, he just chirps every now and then and I spray his back very lightly with water since the pet shop owner told me it would relieve him. It breaks my heart seeing him like this, I never let him get lonely so I'm not sure if it could be psychological. I'd really appreciate if someone could help.
Screenshot_2022-05-29-18-30-49-673_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Time to see a avian vet

Blueszz

Meeting neighbors
Agree, you need a vet for proper diagnose.

To me it looks like feather cysts. This the equivalent of ingrown hairs in humans.

Birdowner4

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Filothei
Agree, you need a vet for proper diagnose.

To me it looks like feather cysts. This the equivalent of ingrown hairs in humans.
Just told me there's nothing I can do about this.

Blueszz

Meeting neighbors
Just told me there's nothing I can do about this.
I don't know who told you there is nothing you can do about it but an avian vet probably can remove feather cysts (if they are feather cyst, I can't give a diagnosis, only tell what it looks like to me).

However depending of the cause feather cysts might develop over and over again.