• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Urgent- My budgie has some water like substance coming out of his mouth, I'm scared and don' t know what to do

KKBB

Walking the driveway
My budgie, Kiwi has some water like substance coming out of his mouth. I was just talking to him and then I noticed something wet on the top of his head. I got so scared because I have never seen anything like this happen to any of my budgies. He was shaking his head every 5 seconds and whenever he shook his head the saliva like thing came out of his mouth. I didn't notice anything wrong with him before. He is fine now and is eating and flying around with his friends. Should I be concerned? I will probably take him to the vet. I just wanted to know what I can do and if it really a serious problem. TIA:sad3:

Emyu

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emilee
My budgie, Kiwi has some water like substance coming out of his mouth. I was just talking to him and then I noticed something wet on the top of his head. I got so scared because I have never seen anything like this happen to any of my budgies. He was shaking his head every 5 seconds and whenever he shook his head the saliva like thing came out of his mouth. I didn't notice anything wrong with him before. He is fine now and is eating and flying around with his friends. Should I be concerned? I will probably take him to the vet. I just wanted to know what I can do and if it really a serious problem. TIA:sad3:
Did you see him drink any water? He may have just been taking a dip and shaking the excess off.

KKBB

Walking the driveway
No I didn't see him drinking any water :sad8: Maybe he did?
It looked like water but if you looked at the water closely it looks a bit cloudy. Thanks anyway! Really appreciate it!:sad9:

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Definitely go to the vet, it sounds like throwing up. Make sure in the meantime he is warm and eating.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Please have the vet do a gram stain to check for AGY. This is exactly what a budgie I had did and yeast was found in crop.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Any updates?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Did vet do a swab of crop?

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
If your vet did a crop swab and nothing came up, its possible he played too rough, knocked his crop, and threw up a bit. This happened to my budgie once, took him straight to the vet and he was fine