• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Urgent!! Help!! Crop hasn’t empty

Jazzy2022

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jasmin ML
Hello,
I have a 10 day old chick that has been doing well over the last week, slowly gaining weight, while Ive been hand-feeding it myself after it was abandoned by its parents. Its the first time Im doing this but have followed all the rules online on how to hand rear the a chick from young.

Last night I fed it at 2am and left it for 6 hours until this morning where I was going to feed again. However its crop has not emptied.

Ive given it some warm and very diluted apple cider vinegar as it suggests online.

please let me know if there is anything else I can do. I really don’t want to lose the chick.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
please let me know if there is anything else I can do. I really don’t want to lose the chick.
Take them to the vet.

Crop not emptying is known as crop stasis and results in death if not treated propperly.
It could also be that the crop did mostly empty but they have a yeast infection.

A vet will be able to get to the bottom of this and set you on the right path with the treatment and medicine you need.

Get the carrier warmed up so it matches the temp and humidity in your incubator. Once the temps match, then move the chick over.