• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Urgent! Cockatiel flew into window and is bleeding

Virii

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Cooper
My cockatiel has been on one lately constantly flying into windows as I haven’t been able to clip it’s wings this week. My cockatiel flew into a window earlier and ended up somewhat dazed (mouth was hanging open) then I noticed blood coming out from above the beak, between the nose. A photo is attached, there seems to be a spot on the head but I can’t tell if a feather fell out or it’s split or what. Any suggestions to help her until I can get her to an emergency vet would be much appreciated. I have her in a dark, quiet and warm spot with some water. Any tips will be helpful.

Attachments

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Has the bleeding stopped? If not use good pinch of corn starch (flour) and press it to the wound. She may need to see ER vet for possible concussion. Do not use any heat, keep in travel cage hospital cage until you get her the vet. Concussions are nothing mess around in birds. Can you something a blanket in front of the window to keep her from smacking into it. Even curling ribbon hanging so she she sees would help.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
You are actually doing about as much as you can until you see a vet.

Good luck.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How is your bird doing now? Did you get her in to see the vet?