• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Upset

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I was so upset last night abut a FB post in the local group for my area. Someone took a photo of a budgie that escaped. All they wanted was for someone to claim the bird. Many others chimed in like me about the budgie needing rescued first and worry about claiming her later. One person offered to adopt her but the group manager did not pay much attention to that offer. There have been no updates as of this morning so I have no idea if she was out overnight or even still alive. My heart aches. Someone said she works at Petco and a guy came in and said his two female budgies (same color) flew away and are lost. There is not want to contact this person unless he reads FB. Here is her photo:

Is this anyone’s Bird??
Image may contain: text that says 'M Katherine Strong > Lost And Found Pets In Baltimore County Yesterday at 12:16 PM Found parakeet in owings mills near Garrison Forest School. No band Must have proof of of ownership to claim: pictures, video, etc.'

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The man that was in Petco last night who said his 2 female budgies got out came back to the store this morning asking the sales people if they heard anything. So he knows about his bird, thank goodness. I dont know about the second bird it was not seen. The person wants to buy two more to replace the ones that got out. I wish his efforts were to find the lost birds instead of getting two more right away.