• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

*UPDATED with Pics*Gryphon Got His New Cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
A look around the room..:dancing:{pics on previous pages}
Cochise's & Gryphon's cages

Gryphon & Kismet's cages

Kismet's cage

Mr. Jeeper's & Jada's cage

Holly's cage

Last edited:

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
Professional..who me? LOL..I pay myself..gave myself a raise recently too!:rofl:

Now, that's the spirit!!!!!!!!!!!:highfive:

cher

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Gryphon's new favorite place to hang out.:) He loves to look out the window! :heart:Something he could not do before.
Now looking at Kismet's cage it seems so small in comparison to the others. Maybe I should save to get him a nice big cage too!!:chin:

Last edited:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
WOW!!!...What a big cage for a little bird :) I bet he loves it.

I'm suspecting this little one in the nest is a girl. The first 2 pix's are of it and the last 2 is Chubs at the same age. I'm suspecting a girl because of the lack of the blue patch at an early age and the color is more brown. And look at that face the girls tend to have little nosy attitudes.

Attachments

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
:omg: where did you get the cage I NEED ONE that is what i have been looking for for ELLIOT plase tell

Last edited:

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Thank you so much for putting pic on Gryphons cage..i did a search on size and came up with AE cages 40 by 30 by 6ft i ordered one for ELLIOT in sand stone 339 no shiping charge(hope the price is right)been saving for him a new cage cause his is not big enough,but couldnt find what i wanted Thanks cant wait for it to get here 2 to 3 days to ship out and 3 to 4 days to get here not including wk ends ELLIOT will be so HAPPY now hopefully i dont see the same cage at bird fair on sat much cheeper

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I loved the water bottle bath! LOL!
I agree I loved that too!

Carol every cage looks sooo spotless, I see Gryphon is a slavedriver in many ways. :hehe:

I had that cage you have for Gryphon for my Canary Colony and I LOVED it, the way you have the paper on the bottom and all makes it such an easy cage to keep clean.
All the set ups are wonderful, you inspire me to have a scrub day on the cages soon. :rolleyes:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
WOW!!!...What a big cage for a little bird :) I bet he loves it.
Well you know me..to me birds should have the freedom to fly. This does not even come close, but is much better than that regular flight. He was pacing in it! He has settled down already..in just one full day.
I'm suspecting this little one in the nest is a girl. The first 2 pix's are of it and the last 2 is Chubs at the same age. I'm suspecting a girl because of the lack of the blue patch at an early age and the color is more brown. And look at that face the girls tend to have little nosy attitudes.
Wow that last pic of Chubs is gorgeous! They are all so special and cute.:D Glad to see you back on the board.:hug8:
I am having car problems, so wouldn't be able to come down until these issues are resolved anyway...brake problems...could be the ABS unit,no AC, and no left tail light/blinker.I HATE car problems, but knock on wood this car has not given me too much trouble in 9 years.:rolleyes:

:omg: where did you get the cage I NEED ONE that is what i have been looking for for ELLIOT plase tell
Thank you so much for putting pic on Gryphons cage..i did a search on size and came up with AE cages 40 by 30 by 6ft i ordered one for ELLIOT in sand stone 339 no shiping charge(hope the price is right)been saving for him a new cage cause his is not big enough,but couldnt find what i wanted Thanks cant wait for it to get here 2 to 3 days to ship out and 3 to 4 days to get here not including wk ends ELLIOT will be so HAPPY now hopefully i dont see the same cage at bird fair on sat much cheeper
I did get mine at the bird fair, and have seen them go as cheap as $150. there. Being that I preordered it with the vendor who would be at the show{Holly's breeder} I paid $200. Still cheaper than online. It's a good sized cage, and it went together in like 15 minutes.:dance5:

I agree I loved that too!

Carol every cage looks sooo spotless, I see Gryphon is a slavedriver in many ways. :hehe:

I had that cage you have for Gryphon for my Canary Colony and I LOVED it, the way you have the paper on the bottom and all makes it such an easy cage to keep clean.
All the set ups are wonderful, you inspire me to have a scrub day on the cages soon. :rolleyes:
You know, I used to make scrubbing cages a big deal that was just done on occasion. Then I was at the bird store one day talking to an employee. She told me they make them wipe down the cages every day. They use an insecticide:omg:..and something like poop off, or quaternary{sp} fluid in a spray bottle. I thought, while I would not use either of those ingredients, I could keep my bottle of white vinegar mixed with water handy, with a roll of paper towels, in the bird room. Now I do go over them quickly every day, and if I see something on it, I especially get it off quick. Then when papers are changed, which is generally every other day, and sometimes every day, I warm up the contents of the bottle, and it makes it really easy. I find if you keep up with it, it's much less work. I also found a brush in the kitchen area of the store, that looks like a giant toothbrush with a curved handle. I use that for stuff that gets hung up between where the wire meets the flat part of each section, when stuff gets stuck up under there. That drives me crazy..and this brush works great for it. I don't think these cages are top of the line craftsmanship by any means, but they are roomy, and nice for small birds. My choice would be to hang them sideways, if I could...:p

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
i ordered one for ELLIOT in sand stone 339 no shiping charge(hope the price is right)
Crud, I wish you would have waited...I think I have seen them online with free ship for $259.

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Crud, I wish you would have waited...I think I have seen them online with free ship for $259.
ok canciled my order will wait till after bird show on sat if i dont see one then i can get info from you OK :dance5:Thanks:D

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is beautiful! Also, you did a great job with his cage!

Matt

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
ok canciled my order will wait till after bird show on sat if i dont see one then i can get info from you OK :dance5:Thanks:D
Sounds like a plan. Have fun at the show. And don't forget to hose off when you get home.:hehe:I always get this mental image of a cartoon I saw somewhere, after going to a show. It showed a couple standing naked in the bushes, clothes on the ground, and a cop is standing there looking perplexed, and one of the couple is saying.."but we just came from a BIRD SHOW":rofl:

He is beautiful! Also, you did a great job with his cage!

Matt
Thank you so much. I took his old wooden perch, cleaned it, and attached it to the outside of his cage across from the one on Cochise's cage. They love to sit on them when they are out, and stare out the window. I think it is good mental stimulation. All of the birds love it except Holly. She is scared of her own shadow..lol.:p

Gryphon is gorgeous! What type of bird is this little guy?
Thank you. Gryphon is a Blue Naped Mousebird. If you look through this forum, which is only a few pages long, there are many threads by myself, and also by Susanne{srtiels} about mousebirds. In the one entitled 'mousebirds', you can follow the story of how Susanne joined the forum, and how we met and became fast friends. And how I traveled down to meet her and pick up Gryphon.:dancing:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
all of your setups are terrific!!

Gryphon is adorable and much bigger than I thought he was :heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
VERY Cool cage!
Thank you Kim.:)

all of your setups are terrific!!

Gryphon is adorable and much bigger than I thought he was :heart:
Thank you GG. :)
I would like to decorate the room a bit, but my experience in the past was that too many things in the bird room are just more work as far as places for dander, dust, mold, etc.
I would like to figure out a way to put in a skywalker, or a get a grip, that would work.
How small did you think they were? I would compare them to the size of a very skinny lovebird with a crest and a long tail.I still need to measure that tail...:p

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Gryphon is the handsomest luckiest mousebird in the world!!!

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
Gryphon is so adorable and handsome! and a very lucky mousebird...look at that nice big cage he has. I love Gryphon!

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you so much Anne and Jacque. He is an awesome bird. I love him too.:hug8:

MollyMouse

:wow:such fantastic set ups. And I agree with how spotless they are. Can't wait to read more in the Softbill Circle as I haven't had a chance to look around there yet! Thanks for sharing.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.