• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

*UPDATED with Pics*Gryphon Got His New Cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Finally set up Gryphon's new deluxe mansion last night!!:dancing: Placed in new bottlebrush perches, some of his toys, and the brown fuzzy sleep "rat" that miss Billie Faye made for him.:D I scrubbed out his old cage, and his cajeput perches,rope perches, and other toys...they are drying. And then put him in it! He seems to really love the extra room. He went from a regular flight cage 32X21X35 to a 40X30X72 flight, like the honeycreepers have, in light grey. I will take some pics today.:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Here he is playing on my desk yesterday. He realized the water bottle was wet & cold and started rubbing all over it..heheh:p

His favorite place to sit..on one of the keyboards..:lol: Look how robust he looks. Some of you might remember he had been losing weight, and I was very concerned. He dropped from 60 gms, to 53 gms. Now he has surpassed his original weight, and is 63gms!!

Last edited:

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
I just love the last shot he looks so fluffy and that gorgeous long tail! Hope he enjoys the new cage.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
He's magnificent.

Ginger

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you! I just love him.:cloud9:
We are still waiting to go and see miss Susanne to get Gryphon a buddy. Now they will have lots of room to play.:)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Carole, he is so adorable! I loved the water bottle bath! LOL! Can't wait to see the new cage set up.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you miss Judy! Pics should be up by this afternoon.:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he is STUNNING

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
gryphon is one cute dollie!!! :heart:

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
How long is his tail? He is so tame and affectionate it would appear!

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
He is so cute! Love his tail............with him sitting on the keyboard, how does Mommy get any work done?:D

cher

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks for the kind words everyone.:)
How long is his tail? He is so tame and affectionate it would appear!
I don't really know exactly...now you have me curious though, I will measure it.:D He is really sweet & very tame. The only softbill I have ever seen that would rather be on you, than fly away.
He is so cute! Love his tail............with him sitting on the keyboard, how does Mommy get any work done?:D

cher
See now that's where you are wrong...that is the play computer keyboard. I had no choice but to work!!
He's such a slavedriver...:lol:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Gryphon is such a cutie!

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
See now that's where you are wrong...that is the play computer keyboard. I had no choice but to work!!

Ahhhhhhhh............I see........I hope he realizes it is hard to get good professional help these days and pays a very good wage :hehe:

cher

Attachments

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
GRYPHON:heart: what kind of personalitys do they have..do they like buddys..can you put the same sex together or other soft bills of similar type so no breeding? what is their diet sorry all the questions just dont know much about them THANK YOU

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
He's just so cute. His personality shines through his pictures.:D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Ahhhhhhhh............I see........I hope he realizes it is hard to get good professional help these days and pays a very good wage :hehe:

cher
Professional..who me? LOL..I pay myself..gave myself a raise recently too!:rofl:
Gryphon is such a cutie!
Thank you Chris!
GRYPHON:heart: what kind of personalitys do they have..do they like buddys..can you put the same sex together or other soft bills of similar type so no breeding? what is their diet sorry all the questions just dont know much about them THANK YOU
He is sweet, cute, curious, smart, a great flyer who will get a bead on me then land on my head...:p I am sure their personalities are all different, ask Susanne, she will confirm this. Gryphon is kind of a special case, he was handfed, and a bit spoiled. They are also supposedly incapable of imitating, but Gryphon does do a sound that Susanne says he picked up from her tiels'. My plan is to get him a buddy of the same sex, so no babies for us. It has been said they can be with other softbills, but it would have to be one like my honeycreepers..with similar food needs, because they do not eat and cannot have seeds. I tried to put him in with them, but they were established in their cage and frightened of him. So I decided against it. Read through the various threads Susanne and I have made of their diet, but for the most part it consists of fruits, veggies, and softbill food/pellets. No acidic fruit. They, like other softbills, are prone to ISD{Iron Storage Disease} so no foods high in Vitamin C, it makes the liver pull the iron from the foods and store it, leading to early death. They are very odd, in many ways almost a crossover from between reptile and bird. They can go into torper, have trouble regulating their thermal temperature{reptilian trait} That is why we have the 'fuzzy brown rat' miss Billie Faye made for us. It is a faux fur thing that she made to slip the small animal heating pad into that I bought for him. I hang it vertically, and it is now inside this fur pocket, which gives him something warm to snuggle up to when it is cold out. Now he still sleeps on it, though I do not have the heating element on. With a buddy, or in a group, they hang from the cage vertically at night with their bellies touching. This is to help stay warm, and I also suspect to help digest food.{another reptilian trait} They are soft, more fur like than feather like, and have a long stiff tail. They bathe in sand & a mix of Fuller's earth. They have long legs, big feet, and do not step up or perch as other birds do. They can hold onto food with their foot, odd for a softbill. They are really unique.:)

He's just so cute. His personality shines through his pictures.:D
Thanks, he is very special.:heart:

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Now to get some pics.:highfive:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hard to get these big cages all into a pic..
whole cage

bottom

Gryphon:D

side

some toys, perches, and 'the brown fuzzy rat'

the view of neighbor's yard

view of his neighbor's cage..Cochise

having lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.