• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update

Cndbirdy

Meeting neighbors
Really needing all the prayers I can get right now.
My OWA finished her antibiotics. We were supposed to be seen a few days later, but the snow storm derailed that. Did it a few days late. Her bloods came back and showed staphylococcus so the vet wanted 3 weeks more of antibiotics. A few days after the antibiotics were started, she was fluffed again... but this time she had huge amounts of white mucus coming from her mouth, nose. Like a Saint Bernard in the summer. So immediately she was brought back in. She is now on 2 antibiotics. Anti inflammatory (has bad arthritis) and vitamin a. Waiting on a vitamin a shot, however there are issues getting it. They are hoping to get it by the end of the week. I kept her at the hospital. She is beyond stressed when we attempt to give her one dose and wont evencome near me anymore. I can't imagine 3-4 medicines 2 times a day. I figure if she stops eating, gets a yeast infection etc, she is there and they can get on it quickly. My kids miss her. We miss her. It is 4 days now.
They said she had lots of nasal discharge over the weekend, but that it is better today. They don't know what the future holds with these antibiotics. Especially with her age, liver and vitamin a deficiency. She may need to be sent for a CT scan. That's about an hour away and is booked far in advance, so they will do it now. I'm just praying she is going to pull through. I can't even begin to say how scared I am .. that she will either pass, alone or even worse, that we will be told we should put her down. Please keep her in your thoughts.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Sending all the good, healing vibes your way. :bluhug:
Please keep us updated and vent anytime you need to.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Sending healing thoughts to your Orange wing :hug8:

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh poor girl... Sending all my love and wishes for all of you... Praying

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can I ask where you live?

Hang in there.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that she and your family are going through this. Sending all the well wishes and prayers that she will improve :heart:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry your bird is so very ill. Have faith that she is in the right place and hands and they can cure her. Every good though is going out to you and her.