• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

<Update Post #62> UGH! Unexpected vet trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Re: UGH! Unexpected vet trip

Oh Gosh, I'm only just seeing this! (I can't believe how much happened in the last few days when I wasn't on AA much :( )

Poor little baby! :( Sending much POSITIVE ENERGY for Wren and for you!!!

:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Re: UGH! Unexpected vet trip

Hi all....home early today. I called the "I hate you now" vets office this morning and the girls said he was outta the office today. I told them I needed the Xrays sent 2 days ago! This was the first they heard of it and sent the Xrays right over to Dr. Funk. He called, and I have good news and bad news. The good news is that her hip isnt dis-located, but it is fractured. The femur is also broken high up just below the joint and theres a small fracture in the tibia( the other guy missed that one) The bad news is that He said its not repaireable,.... cage rest, heat, keep her on the pain meds and do some "intense" calcium therapy. He told me , no one knows her like you do, so watch her like a hawk, and call him every 48 hours with an update. He said these things have been known to heal on theyre own, but she may be "gimpy". She is bright eyed today and ate pretty good, He wants to give her a week and see if she keeps responding or not. Then we will maybe have to make a decision. He really is hoping she will mend, as am I. Shes being pretty good about this all, Bless her heart. I love my vet ..... He didnt hesitate to call the minute he got the X rays. Believe me, if he wasnt ouuta town, I would have been to him first and fore most. I will update now every two days or so...I just dont know how to put "UPDATE" in the title...Thanks to you all for your well wishes and prayers.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I'm glad she's eating and I hope she heals well :hug8:

I updated the title for you.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Thanks for the update. I wish the news was better but I'm relieved she's eating. I'm glad you regular vet is back and I hope with his help and your TLC she mends well. One thing we have learned from so many of our AA birdies is that in a lot of cases a handicap doesn't slow them down and they can live long happy lives. When you give us updates just PM any of the Mods/SMods/Admins and we will updtae the title for you. :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:hug8::hug8:Sending extra positive healing energy!:hug8::hug8:

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Glad to hear Wren is in better spirits and that you were able to get in touch with your regular vet. :hug8: I hope her bone mends well and doesn't trouble her in the future.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I know I said i would update every couple days but.....Wrennie was "talking" to me a bit ago!:dance4: She ate like a little piggy and is now resting on her heat source, I also gave her some tiny broccoli florets and she wanted a bit of crushed up cuttle bone.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Keep it up little girl....get strong! :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Many prayers that she continues to heal and remains pain free.

Ginger

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Every little bit helps!:hug8:

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
I couldn't find this thread yesterday for some reason (likely being my usual scatterbrain self :rolleyes:)

But know that I've been thinking about you and Wren and I'm continuously sending HEALING THOUGHTS and POSITIVE ENERGY!!! I do hope it heals well

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Glad you were finally able to get the x-rays for your vet.:hug8: Praying Wren has a speedy recovery without much pain.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Healing and positive thoughts. Glad she has pain meds and at least a plan of action for healing. :hug8: little Wren!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
just wanted to let you all know Wrennie is doing ok. She flung food everywhere .....as usual, ate a couple bites of scrambled eggs and her broccoli. I saw her scratch the left side of her head with that leg, so it does move, and the leg also moves up and down, coz she will place it down for a second and pulls it up again. Her hubby is hanging out on the top of the cage. Guess hes gaurding her. Shes resting right now, and the darn tiels are in here making a mess, I need to shoo them out so she can nap.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That is a great update! I'm happy she's able to use the leg some. I hope she'll continue to improve. :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Have you seen the xrays? Is there any way you could splint her leg with a couple of Qtips and some tape?

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.