• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

**Update Post 60**Piper's hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblemacaw

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rebecca
I am glad to hear that Piper is doing better. How are you doing? I hope you are doing better as well. Hoping for a quick recovery to continue for your baby.

Noblemacaw

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Hows Piper today?

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Piper's appetite was still a bit off this morning, but it picked up. this evening she ate a bit more enthusiastically and more then she has since she was hurt. I had her out for a bit and she played with a few foot toys and chattered at Lafayette. I didn't even mind the fact that she shredded yucca on my shoulder. I'm so so so happy that she's showing more improvements. The vet called and left a message on my cell checking up on her and said he wanted to see her in on Friday for a check up to make sure that she's doing alright and sooner if I had any worries.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Hope Piper is feeling better today!

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Glad to hear that Piper seems to be feeling better today! Hopefully she'll get a clean bill of health at the vet on Friday :hug8:

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Kristen, I was wondering how you and Piper were doing. How is she doing today?

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Piper is doing really really well. She's playing with toys and starting to be a lot more active and chafing at being restricted to the smaller cage. She's eating really well again and I've found her more interested in her pellets when she doesn't have her favorites being offered to her. I think her wing is feeling a lot better as well. Can't wait til the vet on Friday to get her checked up to make sure everything is as it should be. She's finally getting her spunk back enough that giving her meds is a new challenge. :eyerolls: Lafayette misses her a lot though. It sounds like a jungle in here with the constant contact calls to each other.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kristen, I am so glad that Piper is on the road to recovery! :hug8:

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I'm so glad she's feeling better. Now it really seems possible to relax & take a deep breath, & exhale.

:heart::laughing12:PIPER!!!:laughing12::heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so glad to read Piper is progressively getting better. I hope the vet visit tomorrow results in a very good report. :hug8:

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Way to go Piper! :hug8:

I'm overjoyed to hear she is doing so much better and hope she is back to normal soon.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
:dance4::dance4: Visit went great! The vet says that she's cleared to start visiting with Lafayette again, but wants me to hold off on putting her back in the big cage until after the holiday just in case. She's currently perched on the play top with Lafayette aggressively preening her while i keep an eye on them. He's really missed her a lot and she's snuggled right up against him. I hated keeping them apart. Thank you everyone for all your well wishes and support. :hug8: I can't wait until she's back in the nice big cage and life goes on as normal around here. Well as normal as it can be. :)

Last edited:

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
:yah:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award