• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

*Update post #200* Sams sick and extreamlly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Re: *Update post #132* Sams sick and extreamlly!!!

Any news? How's Sammy? I'm not going to be home tonight or tomorrow but I have my phone so I can check in and see how you guys are doing!!

Hope all is well! Still in my best thoughts. :hug8::hug8::hug8:

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan

Doing the happy dance:dance4: Sam's doing better.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson

So happy to see that Sam is doing so much better. Sending more prayers.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan

ok, back from the vet. sorry i took a while to update. i spent a good hour with him. bought him a new cage, and new toys.
but hes doing FANTASTIC. i have some pics of him, and a video to show how alert he is..
IMG 0681 - YouTube

the pics show his alertness as well, plus grip on my hand. im taking him to a new vet though tomarrow, well not new but his regular A-vet.
im so proud of him. today was a plus vs yesterday. sorry for the wait, i was just very excited to see him and happy to see him so alert.. he should be home tomarrow. but if dr. lynn has him stay then thats diffrent. im having his blood panels done there. he a very respected avain vet...

so c mon sammy, come home tomarrow!!! daddy misses you:heart::heart:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette

He looks wonderful!! I'm so glad he is all better :hug8:

lzver

Real Name
Laura

Way to go Sam! I'm so glad to hear that he's doing so much better! Ryan you did an amazing job getting him in so quick and I like to think all the people praying for him here helped him pull through :heart:

TITANIS

AWESOME!! You don't know how relieved I am to see those pictures of Sammy!!! So glad he's feeling much better! :cool1:

Sparky04

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten

Yay Sam! :dance5:I'm so glad he's recovering quickly.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan

i really thank all of you, tons for all the prayers and postive vibes. he and i both needed it.
hes still ill and the doc said he under weight alot. which probally was caused to a recent change in diet or previous owners lied to the rescue.. which is his and my best guess. whos really gonna say they mis treated there bird. no one would ever admitt to that.. his knell bone is very "bent" thats best i can think. doc said he was most likely on a all seed diet the first 7-8 years of his life. which is extreamlly bad. so i was refered to dr.Ds pellet blend. if he continues to pull through then that will be his
new food. i have him on zurpreem, but the vet said for its price its not really good. he said its good for healthy birds. but sick birds need something a bit more nutrious. and giving his weight and physical condition, he needs dr.Ds
and i guess it can only be ordered online..

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Ryan he is looking nice and alert. Sounds like you have a good vet to work with. We will keep praying for you both and hope he is home with you on the mend tomorrow.:hug8:

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Ryan he is looking nice and alert. Sounds like you have a good vet to work with. We will keep praying for you both and hope he is home with you on the mend tomorrow.:hug8:
well yes and no. for someone who only has a passon for birds and not a certifict of medical practice. he did great.
but i found out today, that hes not an avian vet. he said sam is the second bird hes seen, and that hes a dog cat vet. just loves birds. he did great dont get me wrong. just i rather transfer to his acual vet. who speclizes in parrots.
and knows sammy
for an emergeny situation, he did fantastic. and i THANK YOU DR.AZAB TO THE FULLEST POSSIABLE FORM!!!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
well yes and no. for someone who only has a passon for birds and not a certifict of medical practice. he did great.
but i found out today, that hes not an avian vet. he said sam is the second bird hes seen, and that hes a dog cat vet. just loves birds. he did great dont get me wrong. just i rather transfer to his acual vet. who speclizes in parrots.
and knows sammy
for an emergeny situation, he did fantastic. and i THANK YOU DR.AZAB TO THE FULLEST POSSIABLE FORM!!!
I understand. Well you know he got Sammy through the night so he did something good. :hug8:I would change to the avian vet too, especially because you know Sam needs some nutritional help and to see someone who specializes in birds.

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
He looks great. Good job getting him to the right person. Yea Sammy!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sammy is the little miracle man!! I'm glad he is doing so great!:laughing12:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie

:dance4::dance4::dance4::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Happy to hear Sam is doing better :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.