• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on sick bird

fancydance

Meeting neighbors
I will not raise enough money to get Tango(sick bird) to the vet in time, out family is very poor right now, so I'm giving her back to the breeder I got her from.

Tango is a fighter, she was sick since the day I got her and I will miss her very much. But, good news, instead, I'm getting another bird in return, for FREE! :loveshower:

Of course, I will miss her so much, and my other bird too, but I don't want to keep her suffering in my house without a vet for longer. The breeder I got her from will take her back and help her, and give me a bird too!

I don't know the gender, but they are turquoise and just starting to eat solid foods. Hopefully he won't get sick too.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I’m sorry to hear Tango is having issues. Hopefully the breeder will be able to get her back to health. As stated above, I would be careful getting another bird. Also, if you don’t have the funds for vet visits, please think carefully on this. At the very least, try to start putting some $ a way for a vet fund. Things do come up- even with healthy birds.

Best of luck to you, Tango and the new baby :heart:

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
Here's hoping that poor Tango will get the care she needs. It is unfortunate that she was sick from day 1 but it does happen. Do keep an eye on your new bird for any signs of illness though and make sure you totally clean her cage with a bleach solution before you bring her home and make sure everything is well rinsed after cleaning. This includes perches, ladders, etc. !/2 cup bleach to a gallon of water. Good luck with your new bird.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tango was fine there, but when we got home she was sick, I don't think it's the breeder
Is there something in your home that might have caused Tango to become ill since you said she was fine at the breeder's? Hope all will be well with your new bird but do check your home thoroughly.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Is there something in your home that might have caused Tango to become ill since you said she was fine at the breeder's? Hope all will be well with your new bird but do check your home thoroughly.
Thanks for addressing the elephant in the room.
I think you should throw out all the food the last bird had and replace with fresh. Clean and sterilise all dishes and utensils. Boil it's drinking water.

fancydance

Meeting neighbors
Thanks for addressing the elephant in the room.
I think you should throw out all the food the last bird had and replace with fresh. Clean and sterilise all dishes and utensils. Boil it's drinking water.
Good idea. Thanks

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Someone posted this recently, so I am sharing. Good luck.

BIRD DANGERS.jpg

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I'd be EXTREEMLY cautious of getting another bird from the same breeder. Personally, if it was me, I would find a new breeder.

Illnesses tend to circulate through an aviary and chances are if you got one sick bird, you'll get another sick bird and you'll be in the same predicament as last time. Sick bird, no vet money, and you'll need to return the bird again.