• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Oscar

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Oscar came here last week and is doing so well here. He was very attached to his last owner and it was very sad he had to be given up at such a time in his life. At 19 years old he still acts like a young man with hormones raging! He is a funny guy but you cannot turn your back for 2 seconds or he is everywhere destroying and antagonizing the other birds. He has to be let out of his cage in a different room, and all birds moved away from him, as he does jump from cage to cage. He doesnt just jump on cages..he jumps on islands, tables, chairs, etc. So his out of cage time is insanely watched.

Oscar LOVES things to shred! He shreds shreds shredss!!!!!!
He is available to be sponsored on our sponsoring page of the site.

Oscar will hopefully some day find a new home to call his own. We are working on handling and trust building but as he is not staying I would hope the new family can cross that bridge with him. He is here , and healthy, warm, cared for, and loved by me..but none in return. LOL. He is a foster and not my pet.

One day Oscar will be appreciated again, one day.....

PS...I did NOT do this to his wings. he came this way.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
He is just magficent and his wings will grow back. He looks like eye candy for Nani.

Ginger

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
:hug8:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

He has to be the most beautiful guy I have ever seen. He really needs a set up like Johns...He loves exploring. He is just beautiful but a little wild.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
He is magnificent..i hope he finds a good home

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
what a beautiful soul! I hope he finds a forever home with loving parronts. He must be so bewildered at being away from his home. :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oscar sounds just like a typical awesome male cockatoo:heart::hug8: Im so glad he is in your care.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Oscar sounds just like a typical awesome male cockatoo:heart::hug8: Im so glad he is in your care.
Its funny you said that because I think of him as a "real" cockatoo. I have had many here that were scared of EVERYTHING! he is so curious and ready to PLAY! he is smart, loves to destroy and make a ruckus! He is a REAL TYPICAL Cockatoo ,....the way they should be. That tells you alot about his care previously. he was allowed to be a BIRD!

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
How wonderful he is. I keep hoping our New U2 will find himself. He is scared to go on the play stand. Just wants to stay on his cage. Tears up a phone book some but hasn't really touched any wood.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

How wonderful he is. I keep hoping our New U2 will find himself. He is scared to go on the play stand. Just wants to stay on his cage. Tears up a phone book some but hasn't really touched any wood.

Have you tried giving him wooden spoons, popsicle sticks, and bloicks of wood in a foraging box? I also keep wood pieces in a would be food bowl, and he goes right after them.

Status
Not open for further replies.