• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on my new budgie Pastel!

Pastel

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone,

As some might know I brought home a baby budgie yesterday. The day that went pretty well, she (or he) even ate millet out of my hand, moved around and chirped a little! However, right before it was time for her/him to sleep I noticed she/he had a red spot under her/his wings when she/he would spread them. Turns out it seems to be her/his skin! What a relief, I was getting a bit paranoid... and also so scared to wake her/him up at night (if she/he even slept at all). When I got up today around 7 I found her/him in the same spot I last saw her/him yesterday night. She/he did not want to have nothing to do with me and still has not eaten yet, but she/he chirped for about 30 seconds two times and I think that's a good sign! I'm starting to understand her/his body language and I can't wait for us to interact and get to know each other, and more importantly can't wait to see him/her EAT! Her/his last dropping was lime green and I think that must be because she's/he's stressed out and not touching her food.

. Pastel.jpg

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations on getting your new budgie! Unfortunately I can't help with the issue. Maybe if you post a clearer picture someone else will be able to.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Congratulations on your new baby!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Cant see much in photo.

aweb

Meeting neighbors
What are you offering for food? He might not eat anything they don't recognize as food by sight. Even if you feed him chopped lettuce, he might not bit into a whole lettuce leaf cause it looks different. It helps him settle in better if you feed him the same food he got in the place before he came home with you, even if that's unhealthy stuff. You can convert him to a healthy diet later.
It's normal for my budgie(s) not to eat anything for the first 24 hours after moving to a new place. It does help them if they watch me eat, and especially if I pretend to eat their food before I put the bowl in their cage.

Pastel

Meeting neighbors
Congratulations on getting your new budgie! Unfortunately I can't help with the issue. Maybe if you post a clearer picture someone else will be able to.
@vi_ @Lady Jane eb

The green poop issue is now over! I don’t know if she eats the food (half is the egg food from the store and half was a brand they recommended but did not feed them because they did not have the « one » in stock.. so i just today had the idea to feed her the healthy seed mix instead on the also new but unhealthy mix... she was eating millet from my hand so i tried to put the mix under the millet in the palm of my hand. She now listens when i say in french « tu peux manger pastel » (Pastel, you can eat) so i applied it to the new healthy seed mix. She tried it and liked it! I’m not sure he/she’s eating while i’m not watching but i’m pretty sure she drinks water. I don’t think he/she trusts me enough to eat what i eat though..

Also i tried uploading a higher quality picture but it won’t upload.. so here come the 72dpi image:) (i’m a graphic design student)!

I think he/she will be ready to come out of the cage soon so i’ll post better pictures

Pastel

Meeting neighbors
tempImage3WWhLv.jpg
Where's the dpi image? I agree with Ripshod. :popcorn:

Are you raising Pastel bilingually? My pets are too. :)
Yes! My boyfriend speaks to her mostly in English and I speak to her in French usually:)
Cant see much in photo.
Sorry it took so long!

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Oooh what a beautiful budgie!! I love that colour so much!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
View attachment 376780

Yes! My boyfriend speaks to her mostly in English and I speak to her in French usually:)

Sorry it took so long!
Pastel is beautiful! :heart:
(Be careful with the plant Philodendron near Pastel, all parts of the plant are toxic to birds)

Pastel

Meeting neighbors
Pastel is beautiful! :heart:
(Be careful with the plant Philodendron near Pastel, all parts of the plant are toxic to birds)
Omg I thought i had done my research well and also that my plant was a pothos, not a Philodendron!!! Thank you so much for that comment I will remove it asap!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Omg I thought i had done my research well and also that my plant was a pothos, not a Philodendron!!! Thank you so much for that comment I will remove it asap!
I believe Pothos is not safe either :laugh:
I’m glad Pastel will now be safe, such a cutie! :heart: