• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

UPDATE on "Misfit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paniolodave

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dave
This motning Misfit was Depressed, Until i opened the carrier and he flew to his own cage to be by his sisters. He acually climbed from the Bottom of the cage and purched inbetween the sisters, He looked like a different Bird at this time, He brightened up. But, on Doctors orders, when there out time was over I had to put him back into the carrier. This time i introduced the perch, he did get on the perch and is using his foot that did not work at all yesterday. Here he is.

Attachments

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I'm soo happy that Misfit isn't depressed anymore... YAYhis foot is better! :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Poor little guy. Just take it one day at a time.

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
the poor babykins...glad he is getting better

Paniolodave

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dave
the poor babykins...glad he is getting better
Thank you. I think it's a neurological thing thats going on because a few months ago he flew into the glass door and was knocked out for a few minutes, and since then only sometimes when he fly's and then lands he is realy off kiltered, balance and all but he comes out of it in about 5 minutes.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Wait,

Are you saying he ran into a glass door and has been having seizures? Did the vet do an xray of his skull? Now I'm very concerned as we have had a few birds that died suddenly after having that kind of head injury.

Ginger

Paniolodave

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dave
Wait,

Are you saying he ran into a glass door and has been having seizures? Did the vet do an xray of his skull? Now I'm very concerned as we have had a few birds that died suddenly after having that kind of head injury.

Ginger
Yes, he hit a window. He only has these Seizures once in a while. I did have him checked out when it happened, Full complete x-rays and they found nothing, and again the other night and nothing. I am very worried, he has been improving but still a little wobley on his one foot. Thank you for your concern, i just dont know what else to do, we have done everything we possibly could and it sure was not cheap...LOL.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Well okay as long as he's been checked out. No blood on the brain or a fractured skull. Hopefully he'll pull out of it.

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.