• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Lucy

Joyce

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joyce
So, I just wanted to update everyone on Lucy. Just a little background, I just got her this past Easter, she's 5, her previous owner didn't handle her, she was sitting on old eggs when I got her, and she was on a seed only diet. I now have her eating pellets, some kale, and arugula, along with her seeds. When I first got her she would hide in her nesting box with her eggs. I got rid of the box and eggs and put her in a bigger cage with all new perches and toys. The toys she had before were all hard plastic, nothing she could tear up. I put foraging toys and things she could destroy in her cage and she has recently started tearing them up. I praise her every time she does, because I want to encourage her. In the beginning, I would sit about 2 feet from her cage and would talk to her. She would freak out if I sat too close. Now, I sit right by her cage and can put my hand in there about 6 inches from her. I just keep talking to her. I'm hoping eventually she'll come and sit on my hand. We now whistle back and forth to each other. Also, since I like to sing when I'm working on things, she now sings right along with me. I feel so hopeful with the progress of our relationship. We are growing together!!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Great update :)

Sparkles99