• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Update on budgie

JOPO55

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanne Mccreith
Oh dear my poor budgie I lost his lovely mate toffee a week ago as I told you all in my last thread and said I would keep my eye on him the first couple of days he wasn't to bad but now I think he realises toffee is not coming back and now all he does is run amok all over cage attacks all his toys scrapes all his food out of his food tray with his feet he's not eating and he has gone really loud he was so quiet when toffee was here I'm afraid I might lose him through not eating (I have tried to tempt him with all his favourites)but to no avail or I keep thinking the way he is running all over his cage he's going to give himself a heart attack any advice what else I can do please Thankyou

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Spend alot of one on one time with him and perhaps playing budgie sounds from youtube in the background.

JOPO55

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanne Mccreith
Spend alot of one on one time with him and perhaps playing budgie sounds from youtube in the background.
Thankyou for your quick response he always steps up onto a small perch I have to come out of his cage but nope he is not even doing that bless him just flies frantically away from me I've left the cage open to see will he come out so I can interact with him and try to calm him down but that was also a no it seems as if he's having a break down I know he's grieving for toffee but really didn't think he would be so bad xx