• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

UPDATE** Moluccan Too Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is an update on the Molluccan Too that was found.
I spoke with the woman this morning that found the bird. She is a little bit of a strange...well bird! She said that she never located the owner. She only posted on CL and put flyers up at vets and petstores. She did ot post a newspaper ad or contact 911 parrot alert. I did follow updates on 9111 and no one reported a M2 missig.
She had several rescues contact her though. They were able to place the bird in an experienced large parrot home with an adoption contract. So I am happy about that!
She said the bird screamed her head off and it was just unacceptable. She said parrot owners are a crazy lot of people. I told her, "Yes we are! A Crazy alot in love with our feathered kids!" She just laughed then yawned and said "You woke me up, I'm going back to bed." and hung up.
It was 11:45am, no time change.
Oh well, I'm glad there is a happy ending. Thanks for all the concern.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
glad to hear that the M2 was placed in a good home, still feel bad for the original owners

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Thank God for those rescue people.

Ginger

Cassidy

Strolling the yard
She just laughed then yawned and said "You woke me up, I'm going back to bed." and hung up.
It was 11:45am, no time change.
I worked late shift for quite some time. And my boyfriend still does. 11:45am is not the same to everyone...... :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Well thankfully the bird is in a new place. At least she got the bird from point A to B.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
wow and they never found the owners? Now that is strange. Im very glad he found a good home!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Glad that there was a happy ending :)

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
if the owners were never found, it was most likely because they did not want to be found. and no doubt just let it go in the wild, couldn't care for it any more, Couldn't handle it or what ever

not every one has the knowledge, or places to go (internet) to know a bird raised by people can NOT survive out in the wild they just figure they can.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
if the owners were never found, it was most likely because they did not want to be found. and no doubt just let it go in the wild, couldn't care for it any more, Couldn't handle it or what ever
That's exactly what I was thinking. It seems a substantial amount of effort was spent to get the word out when the bird was found. If truly lost and loved, a bird like a Moluccan would have caused its owners to scour the whole county until some news of its fate was discovered. It was probably 'freed' for a number of unknown reasons.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Sadly I agree too but wasnt going to say it. :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That's exactly what I was thinking. It seems a substantial amount of effort was spent to get the word out when the bird was found. If truly lost and loved, a bird like a Moluccan would have caused its owners to scour the whole county until some news of its fate was discovered. It was probably 'freed' for a number of unknown reasons.

Im not sure I agree. Some people just do not know where to look for their missing flying companions. So people dont even know that their are online information, like forums, for them to join.

I feel a bit of saddness for the owners, however if they lacked a lot of information and resources, perhaps its best that the Too found a GREAT new home :) But personslly 30 days is NOT giving the original owners much time to find their babies. Some birds fly a couple states away (it does happen!) and we reeally have NO clue where this M2 came from.... still sad for the bird and the owners, but hopefully the bird is happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.