• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update-Dexter's vet visit for wings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dexter went to the vet today for his recheck on his infected underwings. I was so worried as I thought he had lost weight and his wings looked worse. Dr. Gold was actually very happy with his progress. He towels him off my shoulder and layed him on the exam table on his back. Dexter says in this soft little voice "Helwooo". Keith laughed and said hello back.
His weight was fine-Yay!
Under his wings there was some buildup of dried blood-not scabs. He pulled these off. He said the slight bleeding and redness was normal as it means there is good circulation in the tissue. The next stage, the tissue will pinken and then turn white as healing progresses.
He does not think this is going to happen quickly. We both discussed how this could possibly have happened. He said in his 25 yrs of exotic practice he never had a bird with bilateral scarring and not known wat caused it. I had been in touch with the past owners daughter and she does not remember an injury. Oh well, water under the bridge.
Anyhoo, I am to spray the mist under his wings twice a day and he is on another round of baytril for 21 days. Dex is gonna love me when this is finished!
Thank you all for your well wishes!
Thank you again to our special Angel who helped us!

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I'm so happy to hear he's progressing well!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that he is doing better! Best of luck!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.