• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unknown Conure condition

Feisty

Moving in
Real Name
Janel
This young lady has the most freedom any bird could have...lol she will hang on me, her 6 foot jungle gym, or her 78’ cage. She has complete freedom.
I was going to say she was doing it to make you get her out of the cage. She got attention from doing it so she kept doing it.
She is out of her cage 6-7 hours out of the day. Unless she wants back in, which is rare. She wants to hang out with me all day. Sometimes, she just wants to take her cat nap in her bed. Anyways. I’m not going to get into every single thing that I do with Lucy. Just looking for comparisons. Thank you for your input.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I agree with @itzmered . She looks like she is doing typical posturing behavior. What's on the other side of her cage that we can't see? Is there a mirror?

PacoBirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Macey
Hmmmm, maybe? She just turned 6 months old in December. I would think the Avian vet would know/think of this? She has complete freedom on my home. When I am home, the cage is open. She will venture on me, her 6 foot jungle gym or her 78’ cage.
Some vets don’t own birds or have never seen certain conditions, so they don’t really know what things look like in person. I think that she is doing this on purpose. Try not paying attention to her when she does it (unless it goes to far of course). This might stop her from doing it.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
You have to watch those suns...they figure things out. Chya to this day does this weird raspberry sound that I thought for certain was some sort of lung issue when she was a sick baby 14 years ago. Extra vet visits if you feel something is wrong is not a bad thing.