• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Unique Additions

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
I figured I'd share my newest additions that will be coming home next month. I figured you all would find them of interest, especially the hybrid!

First, we are getting a special little Iris Lorikeet. He was born with a clubbed foot. He's such a stinker! Loves to chat and chirp, SUPER outgoing, loves to play, and frequently fusses at his clubbed foot. He's sweet to everyone so long as they don't step on him(a rainbow lory made the mistake of stepping on him and he was very upset about it).

received_877126682383989.jpeg 20150901_190658.jpg 20150825_191056.jpg

We also fell for a very unique hybrid. He's really shy, and takes a few moments for him to calm down, but he's super silly, playful, and sweet when he does. My friend thinks the nerves may be due to being in a shop with about 50+ other birds squawking all day. He was an accident, the woman who breeds these lories thought she had two females in a cage, up until she found eggs. He is a cross between a Red and a Black Capped Lory.

2015-10-13 20.11.32.jpg
2015-10-13 20.09.33.jpg 2015-10-13 20.07.37.jpg 2015-10-13 20.10.26.jpg
FB_IMG_1444943244622.jpg

Please do NOT: voice your opinion about buying over adopting in this thread, comment about keeping lines pure, or comment about having a big flock. I know my flock the best, and my capabilities, over everyone else here, I don't want or need your input on these subjects.

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're very beautiful! :)

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
They are gorgeous! Congrats.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations on your Lories! They are both beautiful.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:bounce7::Congratwav::bounce7:

That tongue :p

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Wow those colors are so vibrant. Love the tongue picture :D

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Oh hon, I live in a glass house so I'm in no position to throw stones (if you know what I mean). Your two new additions are beautiful and I'd say are 1,000 times safer with you than some "collector" of hybrids. As to flock size, it all depends on what one can handle and what one is comfortable with. I look forward to seeing more posts about your new additions. I have to admit that you do make me envious, my most colourful fid is a sun.

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
Oh hon, I live in a glass house so I'm in no position to throw stones (if you know what I mean). Your two new additions are beautiful and I'd say are 1,000 times safer with you than some "collector" of hybrids. As to flock size, it all depends on what one can handle and what one is comfortable with. I look forward to seeing more posts about your new additions. I have to admit that you do make me envious, my most colourful fid is a sun.
Exactly :) I just know I've had issues with people poking at my flock size before, and then I know there's the people that get upset about hybrids or breeders, but this is a HAPPY post about my newest fids, not a debate! Some people just need to be reminded that, though. :p Maybe some day you'll have a fiddy more flashy than a Sunny, but Suns are pretty darn gorgeous <3

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Both of them are stunning! I'm smitten with that adorable little green boy! His face! :heart:

Congratulations!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Ya, sure, I'm against the production of hybrids, but you didn't breed this beauty! Both are gorgeous! :D

What *I'M* more curious about is if you have a Yahoo account, and/or would you be willing to share pictures of the little hybrid once he's home? :)

Hybrid Parrots | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Beautiful birds.

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Lovely hybrid by the way you can see the red Lory influence with the breakthrough of red in the colours which should be telltale for a black cap. :)

Your little green monster is a cutie too.

Are they your only lories/lorikeets in your flock?

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Beautiful :heart:

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
Lovely hybrid by the way you can see the red Lory influence with the breakthrough of red in the colours which should be telltale for a black cap. :)

Your little green monster is a cutie too.

Are they your only lories/lorikeets in your flock?
Yerp, they will be. Maybe some day I'll add more, 'cause I'm so in love with lorikeets, just as much as Macaws, but not for a long time! My personal dream, some day, is a Blue Streaked, but they're so hard to find! Earlier this year I thought M&D was getting some in, but I never heard back from them and the ad disappeared... but oh well, maybe that was meant to happen so I found these special boys!

Last edited: